Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Experience with APW Warbird Suppresor?

I bought the APW match suppressor for a 20inch bolt action. Not sure if this info will be valuable to you.

It is a decent suppressor, if i remember correctly the blast chamber in the suppressor is steel and follow up baffels are aluminium. In one of his videos he mentions for an AR he would recommend all steel.

My poi shift was .4mil at 100meters. I did not buy it due to hype from his videos. The price, aesthetics and weight was worth the gamble.

I have only shot the suppressor on 2 occasions about 50rounds of .308, first occasion there was a 1st round pop, but on second occasion there was none.

Sound reduction from what i could tell was better than another suppressor i had and accuracy opened up my groups from a .5moa rifle to .7 5shot group,so might need to adjust my load.

I have no affiliation to him but i would buy and recommend it again.

Results may be drastically diff for an AR, and im sure the ASE Utra would be much better suited to your purpose.

User

Hi Guys

Its a great product, I have one on my 300WSM and when shooting with it both noise and recoil is greatly reduced, I can recommend one...high quality product. See the link for details

Hi Gents,

Thanks for your intrest in our Warbird. Over the last 10months we have received countless testimonials like the one below for our happy customers. In the video above we do go into the details of the construction and the baffles :-)

warbird 1.jpg

Anyone reading this looking to pick on up, use the coupon code BELLA on my website for a saving on your Warbird. - https://www.impactproshop.net/produc...bird-silencer/

User

Didn't see any mention of suppressor diameter on the website, nor any db testing for any calibres, unless I missed it?

User

While there are some exceptions, local suppressor manufacturers still seem to be playing catch up in terms of suppressor design, especially when it comes to weight , as well as designs for Semi auto rifles. I would seriously take into account what DS has mentioned easier in this thread if it's for AR.For hunting rifle(walk and stalk use) use, I can't understand why some one would go and put a 500-600gr suppressor on when there are far more effective designs at a much lower weight available these days.

Our db testing was compromised by some farm workers using equipment when we did the testing. The numbers exceeded our expectations, we will rerun them soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    While there are some exceptions, local suppressor manufacturers still seem to be playing catch up in terms of suppressor design, especially when it comes to weight , as well as designs for Semi auto rifles. I would seriously take into account what DS has mentioned easier in this thread if it's for AR.For hunting rifle(walk and stalk use) use, I can't understand why some one would go and put a 500-600gr suppressor on when there are far more effective designs at a much lower weight available these days.
    On this note. Long Silencers are just too long and makes rifles even longer to walk with. The further the weight you put in front of the barrel. The more effect it will have on the barrel. A lighter longer silencer will have more or the same effect as a shorter heavier one.

But on the length part. As a note. The impressive Ase Utra SL5 is only 115mm long and Stainless. Will last forever and then some. Its super compact and keeps rifles not looking overly long like silencer touching and going over 200mm.

User

Anyone know what these silencers are made of? Baffles or solid core? Can they be dismantled for cleaning? Sound reduction, diameter?

User

Just be aware that if you haven't input your address in the basket or profile, the price indicated does not include VAT.

User

Watch out for the guys below...

"This is the best silencer ever." How many others have you tried? "No this is my first one."

We need an unbiased silencer and brake shootout in SA with buy-in from all major manufacturers and imported brands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast