I am reflecting on the 3 hunting rifle thread again, and when you reflect on it then you realize those questions are always a mess, too much clutter and no defined margins.

So just for a bit of friendly chatter/opinions, I ask the question, one gun one load, aka you have 1 rifle and one round, the rules are:
1: A hunting cartridge for non-dangerous game, nobody hunts those and nobody hunts those alone, aka a one man gun.
2: From the above suitable for game from duiker to eland.
3: If it’s obscured from history don’t mention it, you need to be able to buy either ammo or components for it readily, not something you might want but nobody keeps stock of it.
4: You may only select one bullet, and one speed to shoot it at since it’s a load.
5: Don’t mention this or that maybe, it’s not a target rifle nor a plinking gun, it’s a hunting rifle, so for example your answer can’t be a 223 since it does not meet the criteria.
6: It needs to be realistic, ,meaning not a 50 cal, every moron can pull a trigger on a specialized chassis, a hunting rifle is not that, it’s supposed to be carried around and not kick your shoulder out of socket when you pull the trigger.
7: The answer must be "this is my choice" and the reason why.

Think of it this way, you wake up in the morning and think a hunting we will go, you don’t know what is going to cross your path, you just need to hunt it, you don’t know how far you will need to walk nor how far the shooting distances will be, all you need is a good combo to tick all the boxes.