Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huntex 2022

User

Default Huntex 2022

Not seeing much on the various platforms.

Huntex 2022 is happening 22-24 April at Gallagher Estate:

I will definitely be going this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Huntex 2022

You have anything in particular you want to see / buy? Or are you just going for interest sake?

User

Probably just going to look around. May get some range ammo and reloading components if they are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I already bought my tickets.

Not having been there for 3 years gave me serious withdrawal symptoms so I just want to go wander around and drool.

Glad its not in CPT.

Last time I went thought kinda a waste.

As it was just the shops in area with stalls. CPT everything is close so you could in one day have visited all the same dealers and enjoyed the drive.

Also the shops that did not go had discounts running in shops while the expo was on. So you could actually get better discounts and bargains going to a dealer that was not there.

As well as you did not have to pay to go in to look at the same stuff at the shop. At shop you could buy without paying entrance fees.

Overseas new product are shown at these expos. As its used to launch stuff. Here its not.

Just my views on the last CPT one.

User

Yeah I agree, I have no idea why anyone would want to live in Cape Town.

User

I'm only up for paying to go an expo if there is the prospect of buying stuff I want at a meaningful discount.

User

The last time I went, my interests being only handgun sport shooting and self defense of course, I found a few gun shop stalls with their usual stock, slight discounts, managed to get Impact sport ear muffs at just over a Grand, yay, and then the knives on display does fascinate me a lot, 50% of the expo looked like an indoor flea market though...

I also wont be going as I dont have anything that will be there which I need, and if I do go my impulsiveness will see me wasting money.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm only up for paying to go an expo if there is the prospect of buying stuff I want at a meaningful discount.
    Exactly. But most shops in CPT that was not even there. Were running specials to buy from them over that same weekend. So you got better deals not going. lol

User

I have been there since the first one. It has changed over time. I still like walking around to view the cool stuff. But it's also worth keeping an eye out for the huntex specials being held at the dealers who have stopped attending and have instore specials.While some deals can be found, Don't expect crazy deals on reloading components etc for handgun shooting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast