Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default PHLster Enigma 1 week in.

So I bought the Enigma a week ago, been using it and heres my basic preliminary review.

Quality: Great quality, the magnetic buckle makes putting it on very easy. The quality and flexibility of the chassis plate is great too.

Concealment: Yes, all of it, conceals with a tucked in shirt like nothing else will, all though it still takes adjustment so far every morning when getting dressed, but I guess I will become better at it.

Comfort: Yes and No, its not more comfortable when wearing pants with a belt than just clipping the holster to the belt, BUT, I only own pants with belt loops, part from some trainers, which is very comfortable with the enigma, it basically opened a new area of clothing, so next time I shop, I can look for pants with an elastic, it does give me more options.

Leg Leash Thingy: (so far) complete dog shit, I guess I need to get used to it or just find the correct adjustment, it feels like it pulls the grip of the gun under my belt, which would make a good draw impossible, also I will try get used to having a strappy thingy around my thigh, I will figure it out though im not a quitter.
    AFAIK the leg leash has one purpose and thats to keep the holster in place when you draw, but my daniels holster has less retention that the phlster holsters and it actually moves minimal (3-4cm) when I draw without the leg leash, so I dont see the need for it...

Price: Nearly R2200,00 Kak expensive, maybe even over priced (No judgement to the shops who sell them, every business has the right to make profit)
    Would I buy it again? After 1 week of use the answer is 100% yes.

Ill maybe do an update after a few months, but so far so good.

User

Default Re: PHLster Enigma 1 week in.

Will be watching this with interest.

User

Agree 100%, it is expensive but for needing concealment when mountain biking or when having normal trainer shorts on, there is nothing that comes close!

The leg strap leash thing is probably the biggest getting use to, as it is thin, around the top of your leg and I continuously want to fiddle with it

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    The leg strap leash thing is probably the biggest getting use to, as it is thin, around the top of your leg and I continuously want to fiddle with it
    It's the part that has so far kept me away. Wonder if something band like as opposed to string like could be better. A slightly elastic smooth fabric with a silicone ring like in some socks to spread the load keep it in position perhaps?

User

What annoys me about the leg leash is its new, so Ill need to get use to it, BUT, I dont need it, the holster does not move up when I draw...

Another thing, I tend to carry my big boy gun on weekends and after work "home defense" gun, and then I use my Kore nylon belt, so swapping between Enigma (new) and Belt (use to) might make getting use to the leg leash take even longer...

So it works nicely with the daniels holster? With or without the claw? Holes match, and no need to “make it work”?

Also, did you have to get some extra screws etc?

Thanks for the info, will be following thread as well

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    So it works nicely with the daniels holster? With or without the claw? Holes match, and no need to “make it work”?

Also, did you have to get some extra screws etc?

Thanks for the info, will be following thread as well
    The holes had to be made to work on the chassis plate, as in 1mm with a needle file, 15 minute job, heated to seal again afterwards. Dont let people talk you in to buying a new holster just because they are technically incapable of basic fitting.... less than basic actually.

I use it with the Claw, just followed the setup video online and it worked 100%.

I was considering getting the PHLster Pro holster AGAIN (sold my old one) because I was scared of not being able to "make it work" but I never liked the PHLster Pro holster, it has a built in wedge on each side and all the holes for fittings raised on each side because its ambidextrous, well im Right handed and dont care about an ambidextrous holster because it makes a Glock 48 thicker than a Glock 19 in a Daniels.... and saved me R1750.

The PHLster express holster does look interesting. So that might be my next when its time to retire mu current.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The holes had to be made to work on the chassis plate, as in 1mm with a needle file, 15 minute job, heated to seal again afterwards. Dont let people talk you in to buying a new holster just because they are technically incapable of basic fitting.... less than basic actually.

I use it with the Claw, just followed the setup video online and it worked 100%.

I was considering getting the PHLster Pro holster AGAIN (sold my old one) because I was scared of not being able to "make it work" but I never liked the PHLster Pro holster, it has a built in wedge on each side and all the holes for fittings raised on each side because its ambidextrous, well im Right handed and dont care about an ambidextrous holster because it makes a Glock 48 thicker than a Glock 19 in a Daniels.... and saved me R1750.

The PHLster express holster does look interesting. So that might be my next when its time to retire mu current.
    Thanks so much for the info bud. Sounds like something worthwhile trying.

I actually made 2 Hosters look really ugly dremelling them to work with an optic

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    Thanks so much for the info bud. Sounds like something worthwhile trying.

I actually made 2 Hosters look really ugly dremelling them to work with an optic
    Anytime..

And IMHO, with a dremel, you only get to see after you fuck something up, with a file you get to see before you fuck something up ;-)

User

The purpose of the leg leash is to keep the holster in position when drawing from a compromised position. Its the safety belt that you need in case everything goes to shit. You need to adjust the tension and position to get it to sit right. It takes a bit of fiddling to get it right.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast