Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: PHLster Enigma 1 week in.

I have been looking into the Enigma but don't have one as yet so, judge my input accordingly.

As I understand it, the leg leash is working a little bit like a static line carry for a knife sheath, at least in the way that it doesn't have to hold the holster rigidly in place, it just as to allow a clean break away from the holster. I only mention this as OP says it's pulling the grip of the gun under his belt. Perhaps set it a bit looser for a bit of play, allowing for variation in movement and body position?
    I would also recommend checking out Phlster's Concealment Workshop on Facebook. Lots of input from users on ironing out comfort issues, etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FuDog View Post
    I would also recommend checking out Phlster's Concealment Workshop on Facebook. Lots of input from users on ironing out comfort issues, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397...843/?ref=share

User

Great to see a review. I also got mine a few weeks back. Have not have many luck with it. It sits very comfortable and conceals very well. Main gripe is also the damn leg leash.
    I have practiced draws with it and it will just come undone. Crappy snappy thingy, so I am looking for a replacement to that. Also had it come loose as I climbed out of the car.... looking like I had a tampon dangling....
    I see from their instruction video they use a different type of clip than the one I was supplied with. So not sure if can reorder the leach or get a local alternative to that shitty clip.

I also have one but still prefer my shoulder holster for now. From what I can surmise is that there is a newer generation leg leash clip but were still being supplied the first generation. It really is the weakest part of this rig as they won't stay fastened and it is in my opinion inexcusable for what these things cost. I have been thinking of making my own leash as it is a simple enough design. I carry a Beretta M9A3 and my Daniels Holster was easy enough to install by following a YouTube video or two.

User

Look to be honest, I am not even bothering with the leg leash, not using it and wont be using it…

The hundreds of fan bois who rant and rave about the enigma is annoying when I think about it every time I adjust it, though my main concern is that I only own pants with belt loops so im literally doubling up soft belt plus soft enigma and that sucks, if you are wearing a belt every day and not tucking your shirt in THEN YOU DONT NEED AN ENIGMA, ill be getting some Jeep shorts without belt loops, the expandable stretchable ones, then I can actually benefit from the enigma when im wearing shorts…

If you wear board shorts or tuck your shirt in every day, then the enigma is for you.

Fuck that leg leash bullshit.

Long term ill get another holster for the gun, one for work on the enigma when I tuck my shirt in, and one for my belt when I wear pants with a belt loop…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Update: I am getting used to it, so its growing on me, Carried my bigger piston on Sunday and it was just as uncomfortable as the enigma, so im definitely getting used to it, will give the leg leash another go in a few days or so, though I really dont need it with my current holster

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Update: I am getting used to it, so its growing on me, Carried my bigger piston on Sunday and it was just as uncomfortable as the enigma, so im definitely getting used to it, will give the leg leash another go in a few days or so, though I really dont need it with my current holster
    Pro tip: Never leash your piston!

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Pro tip: Never leash your piston!

User

Quote Originally Posted by koperaal koos View Post
    Great to see a review. I also got mine a few weeks back. Have not have many luck with it. It sits very comfortable and conceals very well. Main gripe is also the damn leg leash.
    I have practiced draws with it and it will just come undone. Crappy snappy thingy, so I am looking for a replacement to that. Also had it come loose as I climbed out of the car.... looking like I had a tampon dangling....
    I see from their instruction video they use a different type of clip than the one I was supplied with. So not sure if can reorder the leach or get a local alternative to that shitty clip.

I had the exact same problem, loosening the leg leash does help! However Hailstorm received stock of the gen 2 leg leash 2 weeks ago, to which I promptly ordered one and it completely solves this problem! I also ordered the sports belt a while back and it also makes it more comfortable to wear, definitely a worth while upgrade!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I had the exact same problem, loosening the leg leash does help! However Hailstorm received stock of the gen 2 leg leash 2 weeks ago, to which I promptly ordered one and it completely solves this problem! I also ordered the sports belt a while back and it also makes it more comfortable to wear, definitely a worth while upgrade!
    Thanks! Ill have a look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast