Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: PHLster Enigma 1 week in.

Could you perhaps tell me the cost of the gen 2 leg leash and sports belt? I can't seem to find it on Hailstorm's website.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MauMan View Post
    Could you perhaps tell me the cost of the gen 2 leg leash and sports belt? I can't seem to find it on Hailstorm's website.
    Sport belt is R600 (you get a few different sizes)
    Gen 2 Leg Leash is R400

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Sport belt is R600 (you get a few different sizes)
    Gen 2 Leg Leash is R400
    Thank you. I'll pop in over the weekend!

Not to steal this thread..but just for those that are interested..I’ve been carrying WML for some time in AIWB(daniels)..the thing was really troubling me and had no option but to go enigma! Definitely more concealed but my build is small so I have to have a rather loose shirt to reduce printing(that’s common)

COMFORT: I would advise it 100% as well..I’m in classes the whole day and we sit on the floor..so that’s the worst type of situation to be in with a WML & AIWB!?!!?! :) but since I’m in the enigma system..I really have forgotten that I’m even carrying the gun(g19 with pl mini2) I built my own wedge for ‘down there’ and that has changed my life with comfort!

LEASH:I honestly think it has to do with leg size(laugh if that sounds strange) I’m in the class of 75kg so my leg with the leash(gen1) attached and rather firm has not opened!?! Not even once,but I have to admit I bought the gen2(just incase ��)

OVERALL: I’m impressed with what they’ve done and carrying any gun has now become a no problem! I’m stuck in a similar situation of needing to buy sweats and less cargo pants..but that’s a dream!?!
    anyways all the best,carry safe and shoot straight:)

User

Thanks for your input, good solid advise is always welcome, to add, I have the calves of Thor, and my upper leg measures up to a Toyota Hilux Tyre, so maybe I have too much muscle, mix of Scot and Boer blood, to use the leg leash, though I am carrying my large gun on a Kore belt this weekend, and Im happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Gents, thanks for sharing your feedback. Definitely helps to get some personal perspectives on the platform.

Have been intrigued by this system since I first heard about it but it's quite a leap from a plain Jane kydex holder so haven't done more than look. Might be time to start delving deeper.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Gents, thanks for sharing your feedback. Definitely helps to get some personal perspectives on the platform.

Have been intrigued by this system since I first heard about it but it's quite a leap from a plain Jane kydex holder so haven't done more than look. Might be time to start delving deeper.
    Im still not convinced as much as I thought I would be, bought some elastic pants so that should make life easier, though winter is coming up so carrying a huge gun becomes easier, but I would 100% buy the thing again, worth the money for sure..,

User

I've been using the gen1 Enigma since the first batch landed in SA. The only issues I've had (belt and leash) were from incorrect sizing. Every week I check they remain tight.

I've run a couple of kms with it, I gym with it. If I was doing a proper long hike or run I'd switch to my moonbag but the Enigma is perfect for everyday and has the adjustability to make carrying easier.

You can drop the holser low to bring the grip into your belt line if you are going somewhere with a minimum wage pat down, and then reposition once inside.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I've been using the gen1 Enigma since the first batch landed in SA. The only issues I've had (belt and leash) were from incorrect sizing. Every week I check they remain tight.

I've run a couple of kms with it, I gym with it. If I was doing a proper long hike or run I'd switch to my moonbag but the Enigma is perfect for everyday and has the adjustability to make carrying easier.

You can drop the holser low to bring the grip into your belt line if you are going somewhere with a minimum wage pat down, and then reposition once inside.
    I would run 5-10 km with it easy peasy, but then I would have to wash it before going to work, would be worth it having a dedicated running enigma, but I ran 25km once with a Daniels strong side holster on a running moon belt and that was also do-able. Just wore an under shirt and covered with a shirt

User

All right Gents, I am moving on, I am addicted to my manly pants with belts, im going back to a C Clip and a Kore belt, before I post a for sale thread, anyone here can grab first dibs on this enigma, R1400, it fits a Daniels/local hoster and has not been botched

For sale thread to follow soon.

zero eight two 415 1478
    Whatsapp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast