User

Default Views on CZ Tritium sighs (P07/09)

Can anyone with some first hand experience of the OEM CZ P07/09 Tritium sights give me their view on their quality? Can get a set for around a grand less than the aftermarket players but don't want to buy a pup for the sake of a saving of that size.

Default Re: Views on CZ Tritium sighs (P07/09)

I fitted Meprolights on my P01.

The original sights on most CZ 75's use to be what people said was night sights. But was like some wrist watches. The lwhite parts glow green for a little bit after light hist them bur then just dark.

Tritium sights glows solid non stop. Most brands say 10 years at least

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I fitted Meprolights on my P01.

The original sights on most CZ 75's use to be what people said was night sights. But was like some wrist watches. The lwhite parts glow green for a little bit after light hist them bur then just dark.

Tritium sights glows solid non stop. Most brands say 10 years at least
    Thanks for the feedback. These are at Special Armory and they say they are Tritium. They look like Tritium construction, i.e. a tube set in the sight but who knows.

User

I have the P-07 Threaded barrel gen 2. The Tritium sights are awesome. Metal and they do glow non stop. Like Shooty said I do dread the day that mine stop glowing.

User

Thanks Hellhound. That sounds promising.

User

I’m due to replace a set of meprolights and a new set of tritium for HK P30, I like the look of the Trijicon.

Obviously one needs to pay attention to date of manufacture if the tritium has a life of 10 years, a set that has been on the shelf for 9 years is not worth much?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I’m due to replace a set of meprolights and a new set of tritium for HK P30, I like the look of the Trijicon.

Obviously one needs to pay attention to date of manufacture if the tritium has a life of 10 years, a set that has been on the shelf for 9 years is not worth much?
    Good point. No benefit in saving a miserable 1000 randelas for something half or more stale.