Default Always check your edc equipment holster

I draw my handgun every morning when dressing and when undressing to get it drawing practice. Both times includes lifting short, draw, ride the gun out and reholster. When I did it last week one morning the whole holster came out with the gun. After checking the clip and and losening it, the ulticlip broke loose. Moral of the story, check your edc equipment everyday.

[IMG][/IMG]

User

Default Re: Always check your edc equipment holster

100% especially as Kydex has a shelf life and can develop hairline cracks! I have also had to replace PTD loops which have worn out from constant use! I also check my RDS battery regularly!

I recently coughed up for a Ulticlip. Works well with a cheap holster for when I wear track pants or rugby shorts...

How long did that one last?

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    I recently coughed up for a Ulticlip. Works well with a cheap holster for when I wear track pants or rugby shorts...

How long did that one last?
    lasted 3 years. Wear mine every day. Work in a semi corporate and government sector and people don't like guns.

User

Hi,

Fully agree, I always check my holsters in the morning - depending on what I have to wear the day determines the holster . I used to have a leather inside waistband Tasco holster that served me well, one day however it just snapped off, couldn't complain as used it most days for five years. I could feel it come loose, but had a good belt on that kept it mostly in place. Just want to add my two cents by stating that:
    1) Using a CZ75 (pre-B) is not ideal for EDC. Especially in summer and having it well concealed, more so if you have a boep.
    2) I find that this Remora holster works well, but it is very likely that at some point your mag release can be pressed. Just something to be aware of.
    3) Invest in good belts.
    4) This works for me in my situation, probably not applicable to everyone. As mentioned I have multiple style of holsters, but I do have duplicates and in one case a triplicate of the exact same holster. hopes that it ensures "standardization" and increases the lifespan by swapping them around.

remora.jpg

User

I don't trust holsters like those remoras. There is too much flexibility in the material and my fear is that in the wrong scenario it could be made to squeeze into the trigger guard and cause the trigger to be manipulated. Thick saddle leather or rigid thermoplastic are the only options for me.