Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: .222 Rem kak or not?

I have found the 222 to be even easier shooting than the 223, it just seems gentler ? Perception - fact ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    That’s very interesting. I’ve seen some very good accuracy from .223 so to say .222 is “far” more accurate must be quite something.
    It really is a easy to shoot well caliber every time I have met it. Easy to understand professionals using it to cull big beasts.

User

To answer the OP's question: Yes, I can confirm that indeed it is.

If you have one floating around, just send it to me. As as part of my voluntary community service, I am willing to dispose of it in a proper and safe manner.

User

There is nothing wrong with the cartridge nor the avail of components.

I will say this, most folk especially in the culling industry shot flat base bullets bought in bulk, the odd user that starts load development must be mindful of what their twist will allow in the specific rifle, so many bullets on the market they are very likely to buy something that wont stabilize.

User

I had a Brno Fox 222 with threaded barrel and silencer that I foolishly sold when I was young and dumb circa '95 - it just did not miss.
    Now have a Sako Vixen that will never be sold while I'm breathing.
    If you like classics 222 is the gentleman that can - doesn't have to brag or swagger

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Not having experience with either I wouldn't know whether the 222 is more accurate. But there must be a reason why it was the premier bench rest cartridge before other designs dedicated to bench rest were developed. Cast bullets are my thing and the 222 long neck is much more suited to those. As for velocity the 222 is only 100 - 200FPS slower than the 223, and as both are over 3000FPS why would that small difference matter? The only downside would be brass availability compared with 223.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2