Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default What torch for a shotgun?

Folks,

In the year 2022, what are the go-to options for a shotgun mounted torch?

This would be added to a pump action shottie serving duty as a home defense "queen of the castle".

Tia

User

Default Re: What torch for a shotgun?

You took the words out of my mouth, I was going to mount a light right by the muzzle, but I rate anything other than a Cloud Defense, Surefire or streamlight would break after some use…
    Im going to mount offset on a top picatinny, but have no idea what to look for yet….

This powertac seems very reasonable for the price, but the first review I checked on youtube the guy broke it by hitting the table

https://belva.co.za/product/powertac...eapon-package/

Im following this thread with interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Phone 480BC Duane - owner, likely has a answer to your question, he is to date very straight on what he sells.

Banned

Put one of these on my el cheapo Turkish shotgun, (almost cost more that the shotgun)... first shot the light fell off , had to put tape on the rail for it to stay on...It works well and the green laser is very bright even during the day... I think the expression is "trying to polish a turd"

Olight Baldr Pro Green Laser Flashlight (olightstore.co.za)

User

A LED light is OK iro the emitter lasting the shotgun recoil but the problem with with a torch on shotgun is the dead blow hammer effect of the battery on the electronics.

Less battery weight may aid in longevity as will the control of movement of the battery inside the torch housing.

Protection of the electronics will help.

Elzetta for example uses what they call "potted electronics" to ensure electronic reliability.

I have a well used and several years old Surefire shotgun forend weapon light on a Rem 870 that has not once let me down.

User

I have an olight PL Pro which has seen a bit of use on my Mossberg 930. Not nearly enough to call it reliable or long lasting but to be honest I expected it to shit within the first 100 rounds. It's seen approx 250 of my perky 000 buck and 550ish grain slug loads which is promising at it's price point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    A LED light is OK iro the emitter lasting the shotgun recoil but the problem with with a torch on shotgun is the dead blow hammer effect of the battery on the electronics.

Less battery weight may aid in longevity as will the control of movement of the battery inside the torch housing.

Protection of the electronics will help.

Elzetta for example uses what they call "potted electronics" to ensure electronic reliability.

I have a well used and several years old Surefire shotgun forend weapon light on a Rem 870 that has not once let me down.
    I dont think you get a Surefire Forend for a Benelli Supernova? You should know more than me ;-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I dont think you get a Surefire Forend for a Benelli Supernova? You should know more than me ;-)
    Remington and Mossberg only afaik.

Very expensive....

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Very expensive....
    Naturally, being Surefire...

The hunt continues

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I was going to mount a light right by the muzzle, but I rate anything other than a Cloud Defense, Surefire or streamlight would break after some use…
    I second the above brand recommendations! Shotguns are brutal on torches/WML's. Personally I'm running a Surefire G2X in an Elzetta ZSM mount and the Surefire hasn't given me any problems! Yes it is a bit chunky but it is reliable!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast