Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Turkish Shotguns

I've got the Khan Venator over and under with interchangeable chokes and so far I'm very happy with it. Looks more expensive than the €350 that I paid for it. I added a foam cheek raiser and it has accounted for a number of pheasants, crows and 2 doves. It shoots a slug grouping of less than 10cm for 3 shots at 30m. Can't wait to get a shot at my first pig with it!

User

Has anyone had a crack at the Horus range? Made by Kirici Arms and retails for around R4.5k currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I think Anco had a Kirici that broke in half

User

I was looking at hunt group and Sarizimlaz or something like that, I ended up going with a Benelli, because its a Benelli and I need not worry about much going wrong with the gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I shot an example of one of the real cheapy brands thins morning. Can't remember the name but I had to hold my tongue for risk of offending and disappointing it's young and enthusiastic owner. It made my Mossberg 930 feel gucci by comparison. There's a limit to how cheap stuff can be without gubberment subsidies.

Turkey is like China, they make both good and bad stuff

Even old brands like Winchester now have their shotguns made in Turkey for worldwide consumption.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Turkey is like China, they make both good and bad stuff

Even old brands like Winchester now have their shotguns made in Turkey for worldwide consumption.
    Indeed. Every country starts somewhere. When I was a kid the term 'Jap crap' was still a thing. The Japanese took out the bottom of the manufacturing industry with cheap trinkets in huge volumes and once they had that waxed they moved up market. By the 80's very few people associated Japan with cheap shit. Browning, Winchester and others had guns of the finest quality made for them in Japan from the 60's or early '70's till labour there got too expensive and then they moved elsewhere. China has done the same and you can now buy premium goods made there. I don't think the country of origin of an item is a good predictor of its likely quality any longer. The price however is. Unless someone is subsidising it, there is only so much newly manufactured goodness you can get for a bargain.

User

The problem for me is that Turkey are not innovators.

Cheap copies of Benelli shotguns are all fun and games until Benelli goes out of business from lack of support.

Someone has to produce the original so the scumbags can copy it.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I have been very lucky with things made in Türkiye from shotguns to Landcruiser suspension parts. I do not consider products from there as generally inferior. You get what you pay for.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Spares for my Khan shotgun are not imported. I had to have firing pins made by gunsmiths.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast