Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Turkish Shotguns

Uzkon TRX. Bought it because I wanted a shotgun that I could use without worrying about bumps and scratches, etc.
    When I fired the first shot with it it showed signs of wanting to explode. I sent it back to the agents who fixed it after a lot of emails and phonecalls and them offering me a new shotgun because it could apparently not be fixed.
    It now has between 3 and 5 hundred rounds through it without any further issues.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Uzkon TRX. Bought it because I wanted a shotgun that I could use without worrying about bumps and scratches, etc.
    When I fired the first shot with it it showed signs of wanting to explode. I sent it back to the agents who fixed it after a lot of emails and phonecalls and them offering me a new shotgun because it could apparently not be fixed.
    It now has between 3 and 5 hundred rounds through it without any further issues.
    Could you elaborate on the wanting to explode part?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Could you elaborate on the wanting to explode part?
    Bolt being blown open upon firing with enough force to eject the shell like it was a semi-auto and not a pump action. Shell landed about two meters away.
    Deformed rim - not flat any more. Thicker and not joining to the rest of the brass with a 90 degree angle. There had to have been lots of backwards pressure that deformed it.

User

Bolt being blown open upon firing with enough force to eject the shell like it was a semi-auto and not a pump action. Shell landed about two meters away.
    Deformed rim - not flat any more. Thicker and not joining to the rest of the brass with a 90 degree angle. There had to have been lots of backwards pressure that deformed it.
    Fark! That must have got your attention.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Fark! That must have got your attention.
    It did :)

User

Every time I see this thread coming up, I want to say something, but I suppose I'm a bit sensitive to the fact that I bought a gun on a whim..
    But here goes, I have a Winchester SXP pump action shotgun - made in Turkey - and it is well built and shoots ok. No problems except when new I had a few old Swartklip shells getting stuck, but I think that was more an ammo problem. New Elly ammo shoots fine and after about 500 rounds no further stuck shells.
    Then I saw on Gun Africa a Derya MK12 semi auto and the itch started ! I did the compulsory internet research, and against my better judgement bought the gun. I know its a mag fed shotgun, its Turkish, there is no spares backup in SA and all the usual stuff, but it looked well built and well.... I couldn't find a Saiga 12 ( my excuse...)
    But man, what a nice gun to shoot ! Up to now, not one failure to feed, nothing broken yet, nothing coming loose or fallen of as I imagined it would ! It also has about 500 rounds through it, and I don't know how many by the previous owner, but thus far reliable and still solid. It shoot 7 1/2 bird shot just as reliable as more powerful buckshot being gas operated, I was doubtful if the 7 1/2 would cycle the gun reliable, but even when the gas system is a bit dirty, it just cycles without fail.
    All and all, I am happy as can be, and it put a smile on your face every time !
    So yes, maybe I am lucky, or maybe all Turkish shotguns are not all build to the same standards, mine has certainly changed my mind about not all Turkish shotguns being crappy.

User

I have been offered a Radelli mag fed semi auto from my dealer for R8500. I see 556 tactical had these for sale for R8900 in 2019. So probably a decent deal. Think he's had it since then. It was a test gun of the few he bought so it's shot maybe 20 rounds. Anyone had any experience with radelli? It's obviously very cheap for a semi mag fed. My thoughts are it's peanuts and maybe have a fun range gun.

Very nice young lady. Of Indian descent ;) Her parents were nice to chat to. Just a bit, the music was loud and when it wasn't playing we had people that were handing out stuff to listen to. She was handed / won a Type 56 if I remember correctly.
    Most Indians in Sa are 4th and 5th generation by now some 6th , most consider themselves true SA's first then Indians i.m.o . I'm 4G generation and my kids 5G

User

Like KK has said above (and as with much in life), there are good Turkish shotgun manufacturers and there are bad ones....

I have had experience with the SAR Dashprod shotguns (for which the SA agents are Dave Sheer Guns) and have found them to be solid, work-horse shotguns. In my case, I had a semi-auto model and there appear to be quite a few other GS members who also own them.

See detailed thread on GS about these shotguns here:
    https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...s-Thread/page6

User

Thanks, Tayls!

Stupidly, I started another thread on “Nordiske Shotguns”, not realising they were Turkish-built.

Has anyone had experience with the brand, namely the Combat-X range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast