Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Moving firearm, while awaiting card

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    The problem for me is, what defines a license? The piece of plastic? A print out? Theoretically you are licensed the day it gets approved.

If I recall. I read somewhere that there will be a challenge about this to CFR.

However without the card you aint getting your firearm booked out at a dealer. No matter how un logical it is to you or other shooters.

Last year my license got approved just after CFR forgot to sign their printing contract. So waited almost 3 months for card.

At one point I considered going to DFO and saying I would like to fill in forms for a card reprint. And then with paperwork they give me to show reprint in progress pick up the firearm. Never did this though.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    If I recall. I read somewhere that there will be a challenge about this to CFR.
    GOSA is busy with such a case right now. We got a unfriendly first reception at court and had to refile. We have been given a new court date in early June, but we are hoping for a date sooner than that even.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

So I spoke to the crew at S&O.
    They happy to transfer my firearm to my local dealer.

They requested that my GS arrange the collection and send a copy of their licenses.

My AR is coming to the EC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Nice going Woodsie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    So I spoke to the crew at S&O.They happy to transfer my firearm to my local dealer.They requested that my GS arrange the collection and send a copy of their licenses.My AR is coming to the EC!!!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this just not moving firearms between dealer stock? Should be easy enough?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    That is also how I see it.

User

It’s technically, no longer dealer stock.
    It’s now licensed to me.

When I bought the firearm, I was given the opportunity by S&O to move it to any dealer I wanted before I applied for the licenses.
    Once the application was submitted, they would not release it until licensed.
    This is their rules and is even in the paperwork - not sure how this fits into the laws.

NO. The firearm is no longer subject to transfers. It WAS on S&O's stock it is now on WoodsieEC's name ("My licenses for a new firearm has been approved by the CFR.). It can no longer be transferred... it would go OFF WoodsieEC's name and onto the dealer stock of the new dealer.

Do you really want to take this risk?
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    It’s technically, no longer dealer stock.
    It’s now licensed to me.

When I bought the firearm, I was given the opportunity by S&O to move it to any dealer I wanted before I applied for the licenses.
    Once the application was submitted, they would not release it until licensed.
    This is their rules and is even in the paperwork - not sure how this fits into the laws.

S&O has to put some info into the dealer stock book to explain where the firearm has gone. What info do they put in there? The new/other dealer? In which case it will go into the new/other dealer stock (and off your name). If they fill in your details as having collected/taken delivery it will be fraud... they won't do that... besides, they don't have your license details (number, date of issue - which appears on the card).

Dood. Much as I would live you to have your property in your hands, and much as I believe you have every right to it, you are asking for trouble here. My advice? Wait.
    Unknown Barbarian

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Paul, would it be lawfull for "Dealer A" to transfer a firearm to "Gunsmith B"? No matter in who's name the firearm is registerd at CFR. The Dealer A has documents as to where the firearm has been sent to for work to be done on it and Gunsmith B is registered to take in firearms into his register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast