Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Moving firearm, while awaiting card

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Paul, would it be lawfull for "Dealer A" to transfer a firearm to "Gunsmith B"? No matter in who's name the firearm is registerd at CFR. The Dealer A has documents as to where the firearm has been sent to for work to be done on it and Gunsmith B is registered to take in firearms into his register.
    Hmmm... a grey area.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    NO. The firearm is no longer subject to transfers. It WAS on S&O's stock it is now on WoodsieEC's name ("My licenses for a new firearm has been approved by the CFR.). It can no longer be transferred... it would go OFF WoodsieEC's name and onto the dealer stock of the new dealer.

Do you really want to take this risk?
    I also think there is a non zero chance that the firearm will now end on up on the new Dealer's stock and you'll have to re-apply. Then you saved 1 week's wait for the courier and added a 6 month wait to re-apply for the license. You've already waited months, (years?) and 1 more week won't make a difference.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    NO. The firearm is no longer subject to transfers. It WAS on S&O's stock it is now on WoodsieEC's name ("My licenses for a new firearm has been approved by the CFR.). It can no longer be transferred... it would go OFF WoodsieEC's name and onto the dealer stock of the new dealer.Do you really want to take this risk?
    Paul who is now responsible for the firearm as it is now in WoodsieECs name as an example? Is it still in SO stock register until signed out by WoodsieEC then responsibility falls to him?Hopefully the GOSA court date will be confirmed this year to decide what constitutes a license. Should make these issues easier if found in our favor. Think you mentioned June?

User

This question has got to 22 subsequent posts, some of them by a dealer. Imagine 'debating' the same question with one of SAPS finest CFR deployees assuming you could even get to speak to one?

The answer is easy.

NO.

Wait for your card.

User

It would seem that this whole subject is a “grey area”.

S&O happy to release it, local GS happy to accept it but I will heed your warnings and delay this process for a few weeks or until I can get legally correct information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing Grey with current way.

Dealer may only sign out to legal owner on proof of card. They need to show this in register.
    Another dealer cant sign it out as they are not the owner of it. You also can not give them permission as you dont have card yet.

Until CFR changes the rule and allows printouts and that the card is not the actual license. There really is no grey area.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Dealer may only sign out to legal owner on proof of card. They need to show this in register.
    Another dealer cant sign it out as they are not the owner of it. You also can not give them permission as you dont have card yet.

Until CFR changes the rule and allows printouts and that the card is not the actual license. There really is no grey area.
    So who signs it out, when I have the card?
    I'm not flying/driving to JHB to fetch the firearm - Ram will collect and deliver to me.
    Will the register not be completed by S&O and signed by them on my behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

But then surely if "the card is the licence", and you lose your licence, you would be in illegal possession of that firearm as you have no licence?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    Paul who is now responsible for the firearm as it is now in WoodsieECs name as an example? Is it still in SO stock register until signed out by WoodsieEC then responsibility falls to him?
    Yep. That's how it should be.

Hopefully the GOSA court date will be confirmed this year to decide what constitutes a license. Should make these issues easier if found in our favor. Think you mentioned June?
    We have a re-enrolled court date for early June. We are hoping to use the new court management system to get this brought forward to this month or next month.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast