Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: 22LR Subsonic Ammo

Depending on your purpose and the length of your rifle's barrel, you could consider some Standard Velocity loads.

From 15 - 17" barrels, all the SK Standard, Magazine and Rifle Match ammo shoots subsonic at my altitude. Same with S&B and CCI SV ammo.
    All these are solids. If HP is what you need, then Subsonic HP's may be the answer.

Janfred not just you, the issue only resolved after you posted.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

After I posted the thread went to page 2 and then finally resolved. Whether a moderator intervened or the system froze at creating a new page, I will never know...

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    After I posted the thread went to page 2 and then finally resolved. Whether a moderator intervened or the system froze at creating a new page, I will never know...
    Not a mod issue. I couldn’t view the post either. I have encountered this twice before so I knew it would get sorted soon enough. I think you posting fixed it.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Thanks for the leads folks. Basically I’m looking for subbies for my 10/22, Tobie has gracefully given me some 22 shorts to try and I have found some subsonic CCI’s. Just some context the rifle has a small A-TEC silencer and so far the subbies sound like a pellet gun, the cycling bolt is louder. Tue HV still have a crack to them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Depending on your purpose and the length of your rifle's barrel, you could consider some Standard Velocity loads.

From 15 - 17" barrels, all the SK Standard, Magazine and Rifle Match ammo shoots subsonic at my altitude. Same with S&B and CCI SV ammo.
    All these are solids. If HP is what you need, then Subsonic HP's may be the answer.
    Thanks AR, I’ll have a look for some SV’s too, at 4000” I’m not sure what they’ll do in terms of speed, but the Winchester HP’s I have still have a crack to them.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Thanks for the leads folks. Basically I’m looking for subbies for my 10/22, Tobie has gracefully given me some 22 shorts to try and I have found some subsonic CCI’s. Just some context the rifle has a small A-TEC silencer and so far the subbies sound like a pellet gun, the cycling bolt is louder. Tue HV still have a crack to them.
    For my 10/22 I use Winchester M22. It's a SV rated load, pushing a 45 gn plated solid at 305m/s. (That is subsonic.) And they cycle the 10/22 better than any other SS load. If you find any, please let me know?

Banned

IIRC, zimbi had received a good amount of CCI ammo. Maybe try them.
    And please let me know what works best in your 10/22.
    I have a Ruger 77/22 which is an almost bull barrel .22 and a 10/22 as well.
    Have so far only tried out some plain Winchester 40gr ammo, not very quiet with the suppressor. Hope to try out all the different flavors I have, once my newly operated left arm heals

User

For my 10/22 I use Winchester M22. It's a SV rated load, pushing a 45 gn plated solid at 305m/s. (That is subsonic.) And they cycle the 10/22 better than any other SS load. If you find any, please let me know?
    So far the CCI subbies are cycling well, will be taking the kids to the range today for more than just 10 shots so will advise

User

I have the Standard Velocity. It seems to be the same thing.

https://www.shootingstuff.co.za/winc...-black-cu.html

Also have some CCI AR but it is 40gr.

Se my as jy deur Oudtshoorn ry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast