Default Courier Pistol slide advice

Hi everyone

Ive made the decision to have a slide milled for red dot sight. I have been told that one can courier the slide of the handgun alone, since it is not a licensed part of the firearm.

Just want to ask if anyone has sent their slide via a normal courier? Do you advise rather sending the slide with a courier like Ram or Blu logistics that can transport firearms?

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Courier Pistol slide advice

How does your slide not have a serial number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does have a serial number. But apparently the slide is a controlled part not a licenced part. You can buy a slide for a firearm that uses the slide without the need to apply for a licence for the slide. As i say, i am posting to get the correct information regarding this. Thanks

You get pistols with no number on slide and you also get pistols with no number on the barrel. This is the case with the older pistols like Beretta92 etc.
    sleep when you're dead

User

You can courier the slide with a normal courier. I did just that to have the slide milled for a optic, but i did insure it with my insurance company.

A firearm means barrel, frame or receiver.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LW_0508 View Post
    It does have a serial number. But apparently the slide is a controlled part not a licenced part. You can buy a slide for a firearm that uses the slide without the need to apply for a licence for the slide. As i say, i am posting to get the correct information regarding this. Thanks
    Apologies, miss read on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    You can courier the slide with a normal courier. I did just that to have the slide milled for a optic, but i did insure it with my insurance company.

A firearm means barrel, frame or receiver.
    Thanks man. Which courier did you use? My firearm is also insured. Any advice on packaging?

User

Quote Originally Posted by LW_0508 View Post
    Thanks man. Which courier did you use? My firearm is also insured. Any advice on packaging?
    I'm based in PE and used Intertown Transport. I stripped the slide and wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it in a box.

MRST milled my Shadow 1 slide. They did an amazing job