Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default CYTAC Mini Guard IWB Holster DIY Claw attachment

Morning All

Hope you are well.

I have a Cytac Mini Guard IWB holster for my P07 and wish to add a claw to better conceal when edc'ing.

Have anybody added a DIY claw to their Cytac Holster?

I have tried to search the internet for samples but could not find anything specific for the Cytac Mini Guard holster.

I like DIY stuff hence I want to make own myself.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: CYTAC Mini Guard IWB Holster DIY Claw attachment

Do you mean to make the claw? If not I'm sure you could buy one from one of the other manufacturers and DIY the fitment to your holster. If you mean to make it I' look at making it from layers of ABS laminated to the correct thickness. ABS sheet is really strong and resilient when laminated.

User

www.openmolds.co.za have claws etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Do you mean to make the claw? If not I'm sure you could buy one from one of the other manufacturers and DIY the fitment to your holster. If you mean to make it I' look at making it from layers of ABS laminated to the correct thickness. ABS sheet is really strong and resilient when laminated.
    The issue is that different manufacturers have different dimensions between their screws. To buy one and make it work is not really my style because they are limited to the amount of material that is available to modify hence I would like to make my own claw.

User

Drilling one more hole in the holser would be the easiest way to modify. If you want to make it though and would like to try the ABS lamination I can give you a bit of 2mm sheet to try. I made a lot of my gear from thinner ABS and my current carry holster is at least 5, maybe even 6 years old so it is durable stuff.

User

I have 1 of those holsters. I do not thin they are made of kydex, or even abb, I think it's just molded plastic.
    Biggest problem as with the 1 pictured, That clip is a disaster waiting to happen, took mine off and put a metal 1 on.
    After that it was functional, just the annoying lack of cover over the mag release button, so the mag could pop out anytime it got pressed.
    That said, of all the holsters I have, none have not required some tweaking here and there.
    Good luck with the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    I have 1 of those holsters. I do not thin they are made of kydex, or even abb, I think it's just molded plastic.
    Biggest problem as with the 1 pictured, That clip is a disaster waiting to happen, took mine off and put a metal 1 on.
    After that it was functional, just the annoying lack of cover over the mag release button, so the mag could pop out anytime it got pressed.
    That said, of all the holsters I have, none have not required some tweaking here and there.
    Good luck with the project.
    The latest shipment of Cytac IWB holsters all have metal clips now thanks to the importers who had many complaints about snapped clips from clients, dealers etc.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for all the responses to my question. I have found a .stl file for a claw to 3d print and will do the mods as we print & test. What's the best material to print a claw with so that it is more on the stronger side?

User

Quote Originally Posted by John87 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses to my question. I have found a .stl file for a claw to 3d print and will do the mods as we print & test. What's the best material to print a claw with so that it is more on the stronger side?
    Print your prototype(s) with PLA to test.
    Quicker and cheaper print.

For the final product then use
    ABS or PetG at the minimum.
    Alternatively a more structural application based filament would suit best.

Your orientation on the layers will be important for strength.
    Printed incorrectly in the wrong layer orientation then the claw will just snap off at a layer with exerted stress.

Banned

You could also use aluminim to make a claw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast