Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: power stations under attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    So, people strike and riot, sabotage the power grid, stage 6 load shedding, what else is new in the Republic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing new…. More of the same will follow, what with “surprised” ministers and our “surprised” president, investigations and calls for the SAPS to find and arrest the culprits…. except, as usual, nothing will happen and there will be no arrests or consequences for the perpetrators.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

This is domestic terrorism.

I have a theory.

Eskom is in negotiations with the unions regarding wage increases. So to strengthen their position at the bargaining table, Eskom decides to up the ante and introduce Stage 6 load shedding and then make a point of telling SA that it is the fault of the striking workers that have embarked on a illegal strike.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    This is domestic terrorism.

I have a theory.

Eskom is in negotiations with the unions regarding wage increases. So to strengthen their position at the bargaining table, Eskom decides to up the ante and introduce Stage 6 load shedding and then make a point of telling SA that it is the fault of the striking workers that have embarked on a illegal strike.
    I have no difficulty in believing this. It's exactly the same strategy they applied in 2008 when they held the country to ransom after inventing load shedding and again just before the extra sweet Optimum Coal deal deal they did for the Guptas. The 'shareholder' is the state/anc and their alliance partner/gatgabba is the unions. Its a circle jerk masquerading as a modern state because they are all the same people wearing different hats.

If you cast your mind back to 2008 loadshedding cme on hard and heavy and then just disappeared. I remember this really well. In order to save my wife's business we had to spend R100k in 2008 money to put in a big UPS. Days after it was commissioned loadshedding went away for quite a while.

User

Or, striking workers are not getting what they want so they "sabotage by inaction" critical systems to force the country to put pressure on Eskom to just give in at the negotiation table.

Occam's razor and all that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Or, striking workers are not getting what they want so they "sabotage by inaction" critical systems to force the country to put pressure on Eskom to just give in at the negotiation table.

Occam's razor and all that.
    That's undoubtedly the motivation. What I was referring to is that the role players are actually all on the same side. The NUMSA and NUM are in the government by virtue of their membership of the tripartite alliance and ESKOM is owned by the state which is the ANC which 'deploys it's cadres' to run it. I think Occam would have a hard time razoring this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That's undoubtedly the motivation. What I was referring to is that the role players are actually all on the same side. The NUMSA and NUM are in the government by virtue of their membership of the tripartite alliance and ESKOM is owned by the state which is the ANC which 'deploys it's cadres' to run it. I think Occam would have a hard time razoring this.
    Might have ended up slitting his own wrists trying to sort that mess out.

Just put NUMSA and the other Union bosses areas under permanent load shedding. They will negotiate quicker.

Im pretty sure Eskom employees from top to bottom are earning a higher labour rate then their counterparts in other sectors.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Im pretty sure Eskom employees from top to bottom are earning a higher labour rate then their counterparts in other sectors.
    Quote from Businesstech in 2021: "“Eskom’s average employee cost decreased from R775,000 to R735,000 as a result of the slight reduction of headcount from 44,000 to 42,000 and a management salary freeze. This is expected to be dampened by the 7% wage increase settlement over the next three years,” he said."

Votes are expensive it seems.

User

The mentality, that always gets to me, something I will never understand.
    Today you want (demand), so you burn stuff down and cause havoc, tomorrow you get what you want and then magically return as a good employee in good standing.

The snowflakes that thought things were going to turn out just fine in SA…..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    The snowflakes that thought things were going to turn out just fine in SA…..
    Sadly they walk amongst us still. Lately I've done a bit of driving around parts of Gauteng that I knew well till the mid 90's and some of them are the equal of anything I saw in east and west Africa ITO filth and infrastructural decay. I lived in Hillbrow, Berea and Yeoville in the late 80's and early '90's, the difference between then and now is hard to absorb if you don't have photos to compare.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast