Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: power stations under attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Agree, negotiation directly with the copper thieves will likely have a better outcome.
    ?

User

Yes I've worked side by side with them for almost six years at my previous work place.
    I can guarantee you that Fidelity or any resourcefull security company is better than what we currently have, the tender process is aimed at "what is in in for me ?, how do I benefit? Not about loss prevention or catching and stopping the syndicates.

And like @GAZZAMCK mentioned, look it might be true I don't know, but it won't work because the tender processes is already determined before submission.

What I can definitely tell you, one of the current Guarding service providers is involved, and their service is utterly crap.

I don't want to go into much more detail, so I'll rather not comment further, apologies.

Banned

User

With the NP they built Koeberg in something like 5 years? including their own corruption and back hands
    Kusile 15 years later and R140 billion rand....... scary scary stuff

User

My friend’s machinery factory is in danger of shutting down permanently due to the power issues there. A damn shameful thing to endure.

[quote author="@sambane" timestamp="1654756005"] O_o ..... [br]Morning blokes.[br]Still no power at the factory, so I am at home drinking coffee and watching CNN.[br]For some reason it doesn't taste so good! ;-| [br][br]I am beginning to think I should follow Grumpy's philosophy![br][br]Enjoy, whatever y'all be doing.[br]My business have now officially fallen through the floor because of the calamity here.[br] :D [/quote]

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/energ...r-station.html
    Eskom has confirmed that a fire broke out at Unit 2 of the Duvha Power Station near Emalahleni

User

While reading an article on the strikes and apparent violence at Eskom plants and their coal suppliers I read this:

The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (Numsa) is demanding a 12% wage increase, while the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) has demands ranging between 8% and 10% and Solidarity is demanding 5.9%, News24 reported.

The mind boggles.

No sense or logic to it.
    You'll never unboggle (that a word:) ?) asking why.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Burner825 View Post
    No sense or logic to it.
    You'll never unboggle (that a word:) ?) asking why.
    I wish the whole rotten bunch of the ANC partner labour unions a collective boggel, preferably one each and one they can't refuse.

User

So, people strike and riot, sabotage the power grid, stage 6 load shedding, what else is new in the Republic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast