Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: power stations under attack?

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Ja, if 13 years of more or less organised power blackouts in tandem with massive price increases hasn't convinced you of the fact that the ANC and it's deployees are incapable of running first world infrastructure then the inevitable collapse of the water supply should do it.
    A headline in the local paper has already alluded to water shedding, but i don't have water most weekends as it is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Ja, if 13 years of more or less organised power blackouts in tandem with massive price increases hasn't convinced you of the fact that the ANC and it's deployees are incapable of running first world infrastructure then the inevitable collapse of the water supply should do it.
    The best is yet to come.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    A headline in the local paper has already alluded to water shedding, but i don't have water most weekends as it is.
    I currently have 22000 liters in Jojo tanks, about 5000l in the well itself, and I am about to start building a 24000l open dam. I live in Northcliff, Johannesburg.

From my well I pump through a swimming pool sand filter into a 10000l prep tank (where I treat with dry acid and HTH). After a settling period I pump through an inline microscreen filter to rooftop tanks via an activated charcoal barrel filter (to take out any toxins). From the rooftop tanks I pump into the house via more inline microscreen filters.

It's a complex system, but it is NOT a borehole (so no registration... registration leads to taxation and possible restriction). I had a period whilst working out the pumps/filtration/electrics where I had to bring in a water tanker two or three times a year, but I should be passed than now.

I use this water only for washing, toilets, and watering the gardens. All water we drink or cook with is delivered - it's cheaper than filters for the coffee machine. I could refine the water further to make it drinkable, but the cost isn't justified... yet.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yeah... let's not look for a great criminal conspiracy where corruption and incompetence is the more likely cause.
    I wouldn't say great, but the criminal conspiracy is there. Some of my friends got shot at for going to investigate reports of cable theft (I was working so I didn't go along - literally dodged a bullet there). While making a speedy withdrawal from the area while under fire they managed to drag one if the theives with. I rushed over as soon as I heard what was happening and had a chat with the individual concerned while waiting for SAPS to pitch up. He told me the guy in charge paying for the thefts was a policeman. Also that everything was organised with people coming to pick up the cables to take to the buyer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I wouldn't say great, but the criminal conspiracy is there. Some of my friends got shot at for going to investigate reports of cable theft (I was working so I didn't go along - literally dodged a bullet there). While making a speedy withdrawal from the area while under fire they managed to drag one if the theives with. I rushed over as soon as I heard what was happening and had a chat with the individual concerned while waiting for SAPS to pitch up. He told me the guy in charge paying for the thefts was a policeman. Also that everything was organised with people coming to pick up the cables to take to the buyer, etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    As received from Kloof CPF....
    For any areas in Kloof that have just gone out.
    Massive explosion/fire seen over Nazereth. Huge portion of upper highway is out.
    Could be the same substation that blew again.
    I will keep you posted.

There is a main cable near the substation that was vandalized outside our area. There is no repair time available. (De Deur, Midvaal area)

Eldorado Park substation fire an act of sabotage – Mpho Phalatse
    https://www.citizen.co.za/news/south...t-of-sabotage/

Good evening Brigadier.
    *SUCCESS REPORT*

Vanderbijlpark

CAS ###/04/2022

*UNITS INVOLVED*
     Vanderbijlpark SAPS Task Team
     Vanderbijlpark Detectives
     Emfuleni Investigation Team

On Tuesday 2022 April 19th, we were called by D/Sgt M#### and she informed us that, she is investigating a case of Tempering with Infrastructure as per Vanderbijlpark CAS ###/04/2022.

This is where the substation at Currie Boulevard was "bombed" in the early hours of the 15th of April 2022.

We followed information and it led to the arrest of a security officer that was on duty during the incident , we then went on to arrest the lady who dropped the suspects at the scene, and one adult African male who is the tenant of the security officer.

There's two outstanding suspects.

*DETENTION*
    1. SAPS 14/###/04/2022
    2. SAPS 14/###/04/2022
    3. SAPS 14/###/04/2022

Thank you Brigadier.

Cable thieves in south africa armed with ak47s killing security guards
    https://mybroadband.co.za/news/energ...ty-guards.html

Two city power guards killed in Newtown cable theft ambush
    https://www.iol.co.za/saturday-star/...7-0493d32de42d

JOBURG CITY CENTRE PLUNGED INTO DARKNESS AFTER OUTAGE AT FORDSBURG SUBSTATION (due to fire)
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ewn.co....ion-outage/amp

Reality is when eskom switches power off and on, off and on

and you have 27 years of cadre deployment and basically no infrastructure care......

things go boom

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I currently have 22000 liters in Jojo tanks, about 5000l in the well itself, and I am about to start building a 24000l open dam. I live in Northcliff, Johannesburg.

From my well I pump through a swimming pool sand filter into a 10000l prep tank (where I treat with dry acid and HTH). After a settling period I pump through an inline microscreen filter to rooftop tanks via an activated charcoal barrel filter (to take out any toxins). From the rooftop tanks I pump into the house via more inline microscreen filters.

It's a complex system, but it is NOT a borehole (so no registration... registration leads to taxation and possible restriction). I had a period whilst working out the pumps/filtration/electrics where I had to bring in a water tanker two or three times a year, but I should be passed than now.

I use this water only for washing, toilets, and watering the gardens. All water we drink or cook with is delivered - it's cheaper than filters for the coffee machine. I could refine the water further to make it drinkable, but the cost isn't justified... yet.
    I think the easier solution here is to pack up and watch South Africa sink to continental standards from a first world view.
    haha

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    I think the easier solution here is to pack up and watch South Africa sink to continental standards from a first world view.
    haha
    Seriously though, if you are of a first world disposition its worth thinking seriously about whether you can fit in. We are where we are because of what we have done. We aren't showing any signs of changing what we do so its reasonable to expect that we will continue on the same path which is the path downhill to banana republicanism. It is possible to thrive in a banana republic but you can't do it in a way that would work in a first world country.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

haha
    I kinda like the anarchy.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

haha
    It’s easier but it’s not fun or funny to see it happen.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast