Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: power stations under attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I kinda like the anarchy.
    I kinda like it to.

We get away with a lot here, that would just not fly in a first world nanny state.

What I heard was that the transformer oil is not changed then the carbon builds up and arcs across the metal.
    Boooooooom.
    Normal cadre high standards of doing nothing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    What I heard was that the transformer oil is not changed then the carbon builds up and arcs across the metal.
    Boooooooom.
    Oil which can be tested every year or six months to tell you well in advance about transformers wanting to pop.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Boooooooom.
    X former oil pulls moisture out of the air and that is why it needs to be "de-hidrated" when it goes over a certain ppm. And a lot of the x formers trips due to overload and the bucholz relay trips due to water. Bridge it out is a lot easier than fixing the root cause. Viva the c-anc-er.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Ja, if 13 years of more or less organised power blackouts in tandem with massive price increases hasn't convinced you of the fact that the ANC and it's deployees are incapable of running first world infrastructure then the inevitable collapse of the water supply should do it.
    I've been reading this thread with a sense of "yeah, we too have been watching the decline with a sort of helpless inevitability." As there is not the remotest chance of changing things at the polls, some of us in the Western Cape are working towards what we see as the only way out of it, and are confident that we will achieve it.

User

Everyone here has always punted putting their cash into metals, this is the poor peoples way of doing it.

Anyway, cable is stolen from the Eskom depot in my area on an almost nightly basis, big shoot out when armed guards respond, ambushed the guards and stole firearms during one of the incidents a few days ago.
    Luckily its from the storage yard, so no power disruptions yet.

Who buys all these kilometers of stolen cables ? Once bought where does it go to ?

The power generation infrastructure has been under attack for decades by corrupt politicians.
    War is convincing young people to kill complete strangers who are not a threat to them personally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    Who buys all these kilometers of stolen cables ? Once bought where does it go to ?
    Scrap yards and then exported to china

User

Default power stations under attack?

Copper is trading at $4.60 a pound on the spot market according to Kitco.com.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast