Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Bush?

User

Default Cancer Bush?

I found this growing on my shooting range, I believe it is Cancer Bush/Kankerbos Sutherlandia frutescens but would appreciate some input from someone knowledgeable.

If it is cancer bush it is supposed to have medicinal properties amongst other interesting uses.

User

Default Re: Cancer Bush?

Yes, common in sandy soil in the Western Cape.

User

Never seen it before, what an odd looking flower.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I order for my customers who are on chronic treatment for various conditions from cancer to various immuno-compromised conditions.
    Parts used are dried leaves and twigs.

EXTRACT:
    Pharmacology of Sutherlandia frutescens
    The therapeutic properties of Sutherlandia are based on its ability to help the human body to mobilize its own immunologic and physiologic resources to help combat diseases and fight mental and emotional stress.11 Several reviews have been published on the pharmacologic activities of S. frutescens.1,8,12 In vitro and in vivo studies carried out on the leaf and whole plant extracts have provided evidence of its antiproliferative, antiviral, antistress, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antibacterial, antioxidant, and antithrombotic properties, thus validating the traditional claims.1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3924790/

https://www.herbgarden.co.za/mountai...nfo.php?id=130

NB: I am not associated with this company in anyway.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I found this growing on my shooting range, I believe it is Cancer Bush/Kankerbos Sutherlandia frutescens but would appreciate some input from someone knowledgeable.

If it is cancer bush it is supposed to have medicinal properties amongst other interesting uses.

You can make money !
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

No lie. When i saw the title cancer bush. Oddly enough first thought was the other cancer/pain/everything else treating plant ..

Not to side track .but wow, have not /seen / heard of this plant before

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I order for my customers who are on chronic treatment for various conditions from cancer to various immuno-compromised conditions.

EXTRACT:
    The therapeutic properties of Sutherlandia are based on its ability to help the human body to mobilize its own immunologic and physiologic resources to help combat diseases and fight mental and emotional stress.11 Several reviews have been published on the pharmacologic activities of S. frutescens.1,8,12 In vitro and in vivo studies carried out on the leaf and whole plant extracts have provided evidence of its antiproliferative, antiviral, antistress, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antibacterial, antioxidant, and antithrombotic properties, thus validating the traditional claims.1

Kk, can you give me more info on this?
    My mum has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this year and is about to start chemo in the 1st week of May, she's unfortunately very small in size and is under 40kgs, so we are worried what the treatments will do to her

User

Beneficial plant, like many other indigenous plants. Thanks for sharing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post

EXTRACT:

Thank you, very interesting. I might just start planting some around the house.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Never seen it before, what an odd looking flower.
    The flowers are the top half, and the lower half is seed pods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast