Thread: CCW for Lady

Default CCW for Lady

Hi

Wanted to know if anyone has experience with cc handgun for women. Looking at a ccw for the lady but its proving to be alot harder to make a decision.

So far its between the p10s, glock 43, glock 26, canik tp9 elite sc and taurus g3c. The sig p365 and hellcat is quite pricey but if theres valid benefits the budget could be stretched out.

Obviously the canik and taurus are the best price but im worried about reliabilty and quality control. Anyone have experience with the g3c?

Also the cz p10s and glock 26 seem to be similar in dimensions however im worried it will be too heavy and wide?

Lastly the glock 43 seems to be a good option however its about R 12 000 rand at the moment for a 6 round capacity. Its more expensive then the other options but i still like it for its ability to easily conceal and for the reliablity glock is known for.

Any advice on which one to go for. Its purely for self defense, EDC.

Thanks

User

Default Re: CCW for Lady

Also throw in the G43x and the G48 in the mix. The G43 is tough to reccomend, because shooting defensive ammo in that small a gun is though even for experienced shooters. Look at reliability and aftermarket support as very important considerations. Glock also has the most amount of holster options available so that is another reason to consider it

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

This is a difficult and controversial subject.
    Borderline sexiest, what kind of a lady? My GF carries G19, she is slim and petite.
    Terrick who is anything but petite often carries a G48.
    Many "ladies" carry full size weapons.
    There is a 9 year old female shooting a shadow 2 at my club. She might not easily EDC it but she shoots it well enough for defense.
    I do not want to be that guy... but there is a lot of info in the search that simply says. "Let her go shoot them and see what she can conceal based on dress etc" bigger firearms are easier to shoot then little ones

User

Some of the compact guns have very stiff recoil springs and if the lady in question does not have sufficient hand strength she may struggle to work the action of the firearm. As mentioned the felt recoil of some compacts is also a consideration. A bigger/heavier gun may be more difficult to carry and conceal but may be easier to handle and shoot.

Makes sense that a larger firearm will be easier to handle. She tried the 43x however she feels she will struggle with the grip length as its basically a 19 size grip. Bearing the idea of heavier and larger, maybe the p10s or glock 26 is a good meet in the middle scenario. As both those grips are slightly shorter than the 19. She shoots my 19 fine but tested concealing it and struggled with her current wardrobe. She handled the p10s and could manipulate the slide pretty easily. That gun is pretty smooth. But she could do the same with the glock 26. Some places have a gen 3 glock 26 for 9500. The cz also goes around R10000. I also thought about the glock 42 which s going for R9500 but heard that 9mm short more expensive and less available then 9mm. The 9mm short will be less recoil though.

I am also not aware of a gunshop in CT that lets you test firearms out? If someone knows of one that would be the best bet for her to test them out.

User

False Bay shooting club at Glencairn can help. Last I was there, they had different pistols for testing. Could also buy ammo there.

Been a while though so don't know how current the info is.