Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: DearSA and similar recognised public participation processes

I think... what they have done here is to effectively kill off the platform, and the idea behind the platform. The confusion ("Will the real DearSA please stand up; please stand up!") alone destroys any trust. It's sad. At a time they did really good and important work.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I think... what they have done here is to effectively kill off the platform, and the idea behind the platform. The confusion ("Will the real DearSA please stand up; please stand up!") alone destroys any trust. It's sad. At a time they did really good and important work.
    Couldn't agree more. I think it is effectively done and it's a real shame.

User

Can't help but notice that every organisation a certain individual becomes involved in, it's followed by some sort of instability in that organisation, not talking about Rob...

User

So, is Dear SA running in any usable way now ? I suspect not.

I have continued to receive emails directly from Rob Hutchinson (from rob@dearsa.org.za), presumably because of prior participation. This latest email was fundraising - blunt and to the point - selling advertising because of his vast mailing list and ad impressions.

There are now three websites - what a shit show . . .

dearsouthafrica.co.za - seems to be the original one
    dearsouthafrica.com - brand new, only has one active campaign (Pit Bull Banning - to close on 31 Dec 2022, so it should be closed, but people still submitting)
    dears.africa - a whole bunch of active campaigns (but also the aforementioned Pit Bull one which closed on 30 April 2023) - most likely to be the latest incarnation of Dear SA on the web.

As mentioned in an earlier post, they are probably all now useless while the bickering continues.

It's a pity - petitions make handy toilet paper, but this process seemed to be a bit more influential. I suppose ultimately, the commies are going to do what the commies want to do, despite what we may say. The only way is through the ballot box, but I'm sure that option has already been safeguarded by the trough-feeders.

User

Important letter from DearSAfrica NPC's CEO: Update on dismissal of R Hutchinson

12 October 2023.

Dear valued DearSA supporter

As we find ourselves in the final quarter of what has undeniably been a tumultuous year for our organization, we look forward to turning the page into 2024. Before we do, I want to take a moment to express our deepest gratitude for your unwavering support. Your commitment has been a cornerstone of our resilience in the face of both internal and external challenges.

Over the past year, your support has played a pivotal role in our achievements. Together, we've made strides in our mission to create a brighter future for South Africa. From advocating for positive change to championing causes close to our hearts, each of you has been an essential part of these milestones. Thank you for standing with us through thick and thin.

You're likely aware of the investigation into our former founding director, Mr. Rob Hutchinson, which commenced in November 2022 when he was suspended pending an inquiry and disciplinary hearing. In February 2023, he was found guilty and subsequently dismissed from DearSA. It's important to note that his case was also dismissed by the CCMA earlier in September 2023, and condonation for further legal proceedings was not granted. To view the ruling by the independent chairperson as well as the CCMA’s ruling, click here.

Regrettably, Mr. Hutchinson's post-dismissal behavior has been far from respectful. His persistent attempts to represent our organization and solicit funds have been a cause for deep concern. Such conduct is not only highly unorthodox but also profoundly detrimental. The allegations linked to “being the Founder of DearSA”, is a moot point with no value or legal right. A Founder may not claim rights of ownership in any form following a formal dismissal. A Non-Profit Organization does not vest or provide any shares, so following a dismissal, the employment termination with the organization is steadfast and unwavering.

We want to reassure you that we are actively addressing false media statements and defamation attacks. As a non-profit organization, our primary focus is the well-being and protection of our members. In this light, we appeal to you for your assistance in combating the dissemination of baseless allegations.

It is imperative to clarify that the banking details associated with dearsouthafrica.co.za are not related to DearSA. In the screenshot from Bizportal below, you'll notice that these banking details are registered under "DearWorks," a for-profit business established just three days after Mr. Hutchinson's suspension in November 2022. We kindly and strongly urge that you immediately unsubscribe from the previous platform to prevent any potential fraudulent interactions.

At DearSA, our dedication to our work and campaigns remains resolute, undeterred by the actions of a disenchanted former employee. We firmly believe that our efforts contribute positively to our beloved nation and its future. We're excited about what the future holds and we're here to make a difference, together.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Together, let us refocus on our collective role as active and engaged citizens.

Stay connected with us on our social media platforms and visit our website to stay informed about our latest news, initiatives, and campaigns. Your involvement matters. Thank you for your unwavering support. As we look ahead, know that we do so with hope and determination, fueled by your support and dedication.

Warm Regards,

Chloe Castle
    CEO DearSA.

Link to view statement, CCMA’s ruling and screenshot of banking details.

https://control-mb.allo5mail.com/ind...a9bf1924814d0/

User

What an absolute shit show. I won't be providing money or personal information into a mess like that until it is very, very clear who's full of shit and who isn't. There seems to be a suicide gene amongst non-leftard activists in this country.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Important letter from DearSAfrica NPC's CEO: Update on dismissal of R Hutchinson

12 October 2023.

Dear valued DearSA supporter... ...

The allegations linked to “being the Founder of DearSA”, is a moot point with no value or legal right. A Founder may not claim rights of ownership in any form following a formal dismissal. A Non-Profit Organization does not vest or provide any shares, so following a dismissal, the employment termination with the organization is steadfast and unwavering.
    Question. What does this mean. Can anyone come and "dismiss" you and take over your organisation?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Can anyone come and "dismiss" you and take over your organisation?
    Yes. IF you have a Memorandum of Incorporation drawn up by someone who doesn't understand that the Companies Act makes specific provision for NGOs and the attacks they are frequently subjected to.

Most lawyers don't understand that Professor Katz, when he drew up the Act, included specific protections and powers for the founder, "...the named individual...". This has led to certain well-known lawyers making idiots of themselves in public.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I assume this is somewhat of a response from Rob Hutchinson, because of the other email that was sent out recently.

Do you guys still participate in the campaigns ?

*** Dear XYZ,

Over the past few weeks I've been inundated with complaints from subscribers over debit orders and unsolicited calls from a call centre. Please note that DearSouthAfrica.co.za does NOT have a call centre, does NOT run debit orders, and will NEVER phone you to ask for a donation, a monthly debit or for your personal details.

If you suspect you've been a victim of fraud or of a phishing scam, please inform your bank immediately.

I have informed my legal team of this action by my ex directors – who have established their own platform using the DearSouthAfrica database, and also just so happen to own the call centre operation that is soliciting debit orders from the public.

DearSouthAfrica.co.za is owned and operated by myself, as it has been since January 2018. I do not and will never run debit orders.

Please confirm that you have DearSouthAfrica.co.za's correct bank details;
    DearWorks
    FNB cheque account 63039309588
    Branch code 210835

XYZ, should you wish to chip in to help reach more participants or towards legal efforts, please make use of the facility on the participation platform or use the bank details as provided above.

Thank you for being democratically engaged, active and responsible.

Rob Hutchinson
    Founder, Dear South Africa

PS, I need your assistance to make sure Dear South Africa notifications stay out of your junk mail folder – please add my email address rob@dearsa.org.za to your email contacts.

User

Ooo sneaky move

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast