Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default If you carry, always carry.

If you carry, always carry.

A short little story about why when we make the decision to become armed citizens that we should ALWAYS carry!

A friend of mine – who is not armed – was just this week attacked in this home. He lives with his wife in one of Jhb’s many “secure” complexes. The complex has the usual assortment of tricks: access-controlled gates, high walls with electric fencing, cameras, and guards.

Nonetheless, a pair of BGs made it over the wall, “evaded” detection by cameras and guards and promptly proceeded to enter his unit via the balcony. He and his wife were both working from home at the time (this was in the middle of the day) and were unable to get out of there before getting cornered by the BGs.

His wife was, however, able to alert a family member who stays in the same complex.

The BGs then restrained the couple using laptop power cables. One BG scouted for items to steal while the other beat up the husband with the handle of the axe that they had brought with them.

Fortunately, the BGs were interrupted when the family member came to investigate. Equally unarmed.

The BGs then calmy exited the unit the same way they entered. They did, however, return to pick up one of the laptops that they had forgotten. Before leaving again, they flippantly remarked “now you can call the cops”.

So, back to the point of this. Once we make the decision to be armed to protect our lives and that of our families, we need to accept that there’s no time off. I quite enjoy dumping the gun & co once I get home, but this incident is a good reminder that when something happens there’s not going to be time to run to the safe or some other location to get the gun.

If it’s not on you when you need it, it might as well be on the moon 😉

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: If you carry, always carry.

The saying goes:

If you cannot, wherever you are right now, put your hand on a loaded SD firearm; all the money and training and trouble to be armed you went through is useless....

I carry from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep.
    If your EDC setup is comfortable and set up right there is no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    ... I quite enjoy dumping the gun & co once I get home ..
    Home is the place where you are most likely to need it.

You need to be able to put your hand on the gun without looking for it even when your pants are down.
    War is convincing young people to kill complete strangers who are not a threat to them personally.

User

You rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I live by these words.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Wow, crazy...glad no1 got hurt.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

User

OP mentioned husband got beaten up with axe handle. Surely that hurt?

And not trying to sound woke, but the emotional hurt of being victimised in your own home is something they going to be carrying for a while (leaves scars).

If you however meant that it could have turned out much worse and you glad it didn't, I fully agree with you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    OP mentioned husband got beaten up with axe handle. Surely that hurt?

And not trying to sound woke, but the emotional hurt of being victimised in your own home is something they going to be carrying for a while (leaves scars).

If you however meant that it could have turned out much worse and you glad it didn't, I fully agree with you.
    Truma is not a woke concept. However, many try to play it off as being weak or unmanly.
    Truma is real, and it's a bastard. I hope they get counseling and the help they need to get over the ordeal.

Glad that they were not assaulted any worse. And that they lived the encounter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Raz313 View Post
    Wow, crazy...glad no1 got hurt.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
    I glossed over some of the finer details, but the lad took some solid hits to the head that required a bunch of stitches. Fortunately there weren't any fractures etc.

Nonetheless, he was hospitalized for overnight observation. He’s got the all-clear now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Home is the place where you are most likely to need it.

You need to be able to put your hand on the gun without looking for it even when your pants are down.
    100% of home invasions happen at home :-)

In my situation I put it down to allowing complacency to creep in over time. It gets a bit much having a gun on all the time especially when I’m playing with the kids. Ironically, this is also the time that I’d most definitely want to be armed. Like I said, it’s a reminder for me to stop slacking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast