Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: If you carry, always carry.

Right, so here's my story for the morning.
    It's 4:37am and I've been up from just before 3am.
    I'm just recently recovering from a major re op on my left arm (long story short, 1st Doc stuffed up the job)
    Bit of background, I've recently (July 2021) moved to a smallholding just outside of pietermaritzburg, 4 houses on the "farm" ", each about 2-3 house spaces between a normal house in the suburbs. So not too far and not too close. 3 Indian families and 1 white family, if that makes a difference (doesn't to me)
    Houses are more or less in a row, I'm at the front starting, 2nd Indian family, 3rd one, then my white brother's family at the end, he's on the corner of the property.
    I'm properly armed, house 2 has 1 handgun, house 3 and 4 have gas guns(don't ask, they unfortunately don't have the money to go through the whole process of proficiency, competency and buying a firearm)
    We are 7-800mts away from the main road up a dirt track, and the farm has "bonnox/weld mesh" fencing on the outside perimeter with an electric fence on the inside.
    1 gate to enter and exit which is at my end.
    Problem is, the whole back fence line is a farmers open field which people from the location 800mts away from us use to get to work on some of the farms as a shortcut.
    Sometimes the field is bare, sometimes there's head height sugarcane. (currently head height sugarcane)
    Now with all the power outages we had from the start of looting, all 4 houses have walkies for emergencies and just chatting etc.
    So I took all my pain meds, dressed warmly and dozed off in front of the fireplace on the recliner around 11:30am.
    Wake up in a dazed state just before 3am hearing frenzied shouting over the walkie, jump up, run to the walkie which was charging in the kitchen, answer, and all I get is Christ's wife screaming that they need help, that there's 3 guys that have got into the yard and are trying to get into the house. I grab my olight warrior torch and 2 handguns , jump into my gumboots, by this time my wife is awake and asking what's all l the ruckus about, I quickly fill her in, ask her to open the front door for me and lock it behind me, and to stay on comms. I run over to Christos house, Now at this time of the night/morning, mist/fog is so thick that visibility is down to maybe 20mts max.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

A good friend of mine one told me; you need a holster for outside your house, and one for when at home that’s a bit more comfortable
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I'm just recently recovering from a major re op on my left arm (long story short, 1st Doc stuffed up the job)
    Bit of background, I've recently (July 2021) moved to a smallholding just outside of pietermaritzburg, 4 houses on the "farm" ", each about 2-3 house spaces between a normal house in the suburbs. So not too far and not too close. 3 Indian families and 1 white family, if that makes a difference (doesn't to me)
    Houses are more or less in a row, I'm at the front starting, 2nd Indian family, 3rd one, then my white brother's family at the end, he's on the corner of the property.
    I'm properly armed, house 2 has 1 handgun, house 3 and 4 have gas guns(don't ask, they unfortunately don't have the money to go through the whole process of proficiency, competency and buying a firearm)
    We are 7-800mts away from the main road up a dirt track, and the farm has "bonnox/weld mesh" fencing on the outside perimeter with an electric fence on the inside.
    Problem is, the whole back fence line is a farmers open field which people from the location 800mts away from us use to get to work on some of the farms as a shortcut.
    Sometimes the field is bare, sometimes there's head height sugarcane. (currently head height sugarcane)
    Now with all the power outages we had from the start of looting, all 4 houses have walkies for emergencies and just chatting etc.
    So I took all my pain meds, dressed warmly and dozed off in front of the fireplace on the recliner around 11:30am.
    Wake up in a dazed state just before 3am hearing frenzied shouting over the walkie, jump up, run to the walkie which was charging in the kitchen, answer, and all I get is Christ's wife screaming that they need help, that there's 3 guys that have got into the yard and are trying to get into the house. I grab my olight warrior torch and 2 handguns , jump into my gumboots, by this time my wife is awake and asking what's all l the ruckus about, I quickly fill her in, ask her to open the front door for me and lock it behind me, and to stay on comms. I run over to Christos house, Now at this time of the night/morning, mist/fog is so thick that visibility is down to maybe 20mts max.
    Damn BBT, you have me hanging for the rest.

Hope all ok?

To OP, hope they make a speedy recovery too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

And?

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Banned

More to follow later.
    But, not to keep yourll on too much of a cliffhanger, everyone is alive, just badly shaken up

User

Good to hear it worked out as reasonably well as it seems.
    Self reliance is an absolute necessity nowadays.

What inspired me to become armed was having someone climb my fence.. Avoid my dogs and cameras and steal some scrap from me... All while I was at home and had not noticed... Thankfully Nothing violent happened but it could have been a very bad day for me... It showed me how easy these things get into your property and can get you... I now keep external alarm on and keep my gun on me.. Even in the toilet... I have a cheap holster with a Ulticlip thay I use when wearing my tracksuit pants or rugby shorts...i hate living like this... It's not nice at all but at the end of the day it comes down to your life or theirs... Hoping to be out of South Africa one day before ever needing to use the gun...

User

More to follow later.
    But, not to keep yourll on too much of a cliffhanger, everyone is alive, just badly shaken up
    When will you tell us the rest of the story?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2