Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: SECTION 15 & 16 HANDGUNS AT ROADBLOCKS

I think: It is exactly stating that carry what you want as long as it is done and used in a lawfull way. Precisely how it always has been. No need to now look for subtle differences as there are none.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I get the impression that some people are taking this to mean that we can carry our section 15 & 16 firearms for purposes of self defence on a daily basis. I don't think it is actually saying that. I think it's saying that it is legal to have any firearm licenced to you in your possession at any time. Subtle difference.....

What do others think?
    I told my current DFO as well as the provincial DFO that I intend to do just that!
    They refused to move my current S13 firearm over to ANY other section (I tried for both S16 and S17) as my CZ75 has now become a bit old and I would like to use my newly acquired Glock model 45 MOS for SD.
    They said that I cannot move my S13 gun over to any other section (BS I know, but what can I do?)
    They said that in order to move my current S13 gun over to S17, I must book it in at a dealer, then re-apply from them under S17 for it. I told them in no uncertain terms that this would never be a viable option for me.

So I told them I am going to license my Glock 45 for S16 and carry it as the law makes provision for it. I also quoted them the relevant sections in the CFR. They then accepted my application for the Glock 45 and it's currently in process.

User

I think the e-mails from NATSHOOT that kicked off this whole discussion, were not to dispute the law, just to prepare you for possible confrontation by certain SAPS members who either have no clue on firearm laws or just want to give you a hard time. It's rare, but it can happen. Arguing with this kind at a road block can be challenging, even though you are within your rights.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    I think the e-mails from NATSHOOT that kicked off this whole discussion, were not to dispute the law, just to prepare you for possible confrontation by certain SAPS members who either have no clue on firearm laws or just want to give you a hard time. It's rare, but it can happen. Arguing with this kind at a road block can be challenging, even though you are within your rights.
    Google "simping"
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

As the saying goes ... sticks and stones etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Google "simping"
    Didn't know there was a word for it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5