Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: SECTION 15 & 16 HANDGUNS AT ROADBLOCKS

I think: It is exactly stating that carry what you want as long as it is done and used in a lawfull way. Precisely how it always has been. No need to now look for subtle differences as there are none.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I get the impression that some people are taking this to mean that we can carry our section 15 & 16 firearms for purposes of self defence on a daily basis. I don't think it is actually saying that. I think it's saying that it is legal to have any firearm licenced to you in your possession at any time. Subtle difference.....

What do others think?
    I told my current DFO as well as the provincial DFO that I intend to do just that!
    They refused to move my current S13 firearm over to ANY other section (I tried for both S16 and S17) as my CZ75 has now become a bit old and I would like to use my newly acquired Glock model 45 MOS for SD.
    They said that I cannot move my S13 gun over to any other section (BS I know, but what can I do?)
    They said that in order to move my current S13 gun over to S17, I must book it in at a dealer, then re-apply from them under S17 for it. I told them in no uncertain terms that this would never be a viable option for me.

So I told them I am going to license my Glock 45 for S16 and carry it as the law makes provision for it. I also quoted them the relevant sections in the CFR. They then accepted my application for the Glock 45 and it's currently in process.

User

I think the e-mails from NATSHOOT that kicked off this whole discussion, were not to dispute the law, just to prepare you for possible confrontation by certain SAPS members who either have no clue on firearm laws or just want to give you a hard time. It's rare, but it can happen. Arguing with this kind at a road block can be challenging, even though you are within your rights.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    I think the e-mails from NATSHOOT that kicked off this whole discussion, were not to dispute the law, just to prepare you for possible confrontation by certain SAPS members who either have no clue on firearm laws or just want to give you a hard time. It's rare, but it can happen. Arguing with this kind at a road block can be challenging, even though you are within your rights.
    Google "simping"
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

As the saying goes ... sticks and stones etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Google "simping"
    Didn't know there was a word for it.

Y'all please refer to the sticky thread "Using a Section 16 firearm for SD" in which Paul Oxley has just posted the notice issued by Free State SAPS to the effect that police must respect any and all licences, specifically a firearm owner is in lawful possession of any firearm for which he/she has a licenced and can't be arrested on the ground that it is not a Section 13 licence. I like to carry my Section 15 rollie occasionally to maintain the familiarity of carrying it, so I will always carry a copy of the notice when I'm carrying the rollie.

User

I was coming back from the shooting range yesterday afternoon when i went through a roadblock (SAPS and Metro)just before the N1, Kraaifontein in Cape Town.I had 8 firearms 5 handguns and 3 rifles, I approach the roadblock and the officer asks for my license and if I have any weapons, takes my drivers license and walks to my vehicle license disk, he comes back and I display all eight licenses.....ffs it becomes a serious issue for SAPS members, they pull me over and start becoming arrogant with questions like why do I have so many guns, why am I travelling with so many guns etc.....I told him twice I am coming from Kraaifontein Shooting Range. Long story short, they made me go through each serial number of every weapon, documented how many rounds I had, asked me why do I have a so many loaded AR15 magazines (3 mags). It felt like an interrogation for legally having weapons, I don't understand why we have to wait years to get licenses if we have to be treated like criminals by police members, I will admit I became very irritated towards the latter part and started becoming very arrogant, I also had my buddy record everything incase I got arrested for whatever reason! Our police force has a bunch of clowns.

User

Yarre bra I felt this reply man. I am from Cape Town and never thought this would be the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Guy View Post
    I was coming back from the shooting range yesterday afternoon when i went through a roadblock (SAPS and Metro)just before the N1, Kraaifontein in Cape Town.I had 8 firearms 5 handguns and 3 rifles, I approach the roadblock and the officer asks for my license and if I have any weapons, takes my drivers license and walks to my vehicle license disk, he comes back and I display all eight licenses.....ffs it becomes a serious issue for SAPS members, they pull me over and start becoming arrogant with questions like why do I have so many guns, why am I travelling with so many guns etc.....I told him twice I am coming from Kraaifontein Shooting Range. Long story short, they made me go through each serial number of every weapon, documented how many rounds I had, asked me why do I have a so many loaded AR15 magazines (3 mags). It felt like an interrogation for legally having weapons, I don't understand why we have to wait years to get licenses if we have to be treated like criminals by police members, I will admit I became very irritated towards the latter part and started becoming very arrogant, I also had my buddy record everything incase I got arrested for whatever reason! Our police force has a bunch of clowns.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5