Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Estate Firearms Application Motivation Advice

Hi all,

I will be applying for my father's FAs after his passing.
    My brothers are not old enough to apply for competency yet so I will license everything until they are able to.

Since these are estate firearms, we don't want to get rid of them.

I have dedicated hunting and sport shooting status and will apply for all FAs under S16
    My question is how do I motivate for example the 2x identical CBC .22 rifles or the 38 Special revolver or G23?
    I have a S13 G19, so no idea what to actually use as a reason for motivation.

After a chat with my DFO, he told me the fact that we grew up with these FAs and that they have sentimental value doesn't matter. I have to show a need.

Any advice in this regard?

I tried a few motivation services but I'll be paying R10k if I go that route.
    I will do the motivations myself, as I have done, successfully, for some of my own FAs.

Thanks in advance.

User

Default Re: Estate Firearms Application Motivation Advice

Which organisation/s do you belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Which organisation/s do you belong to?
    NHSA
    Tacshac Shooting Club

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderT97 View Post
    NHSA
    Tacshac Shooting Club

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Pop in and have a sit down with Paul and the gang ... I'm sure they would be able and willing guide you.

Strongs.

User

Hi all,

My brothers are not old enough to apply for competency yet so I will license everything until they are able to.

I have dedicated hunting and sport shooting status and will apply for all FAs under S16
    My question is how do I motivate for example the 2x identical CBC .22 rifles or the 38 Special revolver or G23?

After a chat with my DFO, he told me the fact that we grew up with these FAs and that they have sentimental value doesn't matter. I have to show a need.

I will do the motivations myself, as I have done, successfully, for some of my own FAs.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

There is a decided case by Judge Ranchod that s16 does not require a motivation. I always attach a copy of the order to my s16 applications. Send me a whatsapp on zero seven one 689 1528 and I'll foward you a copy of the order.

Despite incl the order in my motivation, I always then proceed to motivate the application.

Make sure you get an Endorsement from your shooting body. Motivate the particular firearm based on any of recognised competition categories within your sporting discipline that you intend to use the firearm in.

Also incl a short paragraph on why your S13 gun is not suitable for the rigors of sport shooting e.g. Due to the high round count this causes wear on the gun and the mags, hence you can't risk using your s13 gun.

Also look at the concept of manual of arms and similar platforms (between the G19 and G23).

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

User

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
    Natshoot has divisions for all the guns, IPSC has for the handguns.
    You can do the rifles on sec 15 or 16.
    You can dealer stock the guns so you not rushed to apply for everything at once.

CBC .22 - Plinking / target shooting- cheap ammo etc (one open sights, one scope).
    G23 - IPSC standard major - G19 not suitable for this.
    38sp - IPSC revolver division.

User

You can motivate everything through NHSA, just look up the various activities they have! Motivating 2x of the same can definitely be done, e.g you can have two different setups on each of the same firearms in terms of scope, silencer etc that don't make it practical to remove and re-zero them everytime. Same applies to handguns, your G19 is for SD hence you don't want to put a lot of rounds through it as you life could depend on it and the G23 is the same size as your G19 hence you can use the same holster and practice with it under a NHSA activity, otherwise focus on an activity that is calibre/barrel length specific on Natshoots website!

Hi all, just an update.

I had some friends send me examples of old successful applications, used a little common sense and did some research on my NHSA exercises and events as well as NRL22 for example which I intend to use the 22LRs for and made my own motivations.

So now, 2 months after submitting my applications, 7 out of the 8 have been approved and the 8th was delayed due to the caliber being captured incorrectly by the CFR some years ago.

Saved myself R10500 in motivations fees, learned something new and will hopefully be getting around to shooting a lot more.

Now to replace the ancient 3x power scopes and find some money for ammo!

User

Congrats and well done

User

Nice, happy for you.

I'm also at NHSA and have a 9 mm under section 13. Now I also want to buy a 357 revolver and register it under section 16, but no Idea how to start with the motivation. Will still figure out before I go and buy the revolver.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast