Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Banned

Default Re: Plate Carriers: Eddie V vs D Tactical/Urban Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by mojjo View Post
    Just took delivery yesterday of the Delta 2-90 Vest NIJ 3A with the LCP3 plates (2,3kg each on my scale) from Zebra Protection..... great all round set up and well made!
    What did it cost?

User

Has anyone ever purchased or know of someone who has purchased the 'level 2' (this has no reference to the protection offered) plate carrier from Dave and Richard at Urban Patriot and can vouch for the quality? Their website is urbanpatriot.co.za they used to be active on the forum but were last online in 2017, they also offered firearms training pre-covid.

Please note this is NOT the Urban Patriot plate carrier that Dave Sheer sell, it is a completely different product.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Has anyone ever purchased or know of someone who has purchased the 'level 2' (this has no reference to the protection offered) plate carrier from Dave and Richard at Urban Patriot and can vouch for the quality? Their website is urbanpatriot.co.za they used to be active on the forum but were last online in 2017, they also offered firearms training pre-covid.

Please note this is NOT the Urban Patriot plate carrier that Dave Sheer sell, it is a completely different product.
    I'm looking at the pictures and videos that they posted to their WhatsApp group of Urban Patriot "Level 2" carrier. It's the D-Tactical QRB.

User

@ PeacePfficer, I looked at Dave Sheers PC and I was a little ticked at what I had spent on my K19 from the same order as MJC.

Obviously I cannot comment on whether the K19 will outlast UP, at least the K19 is battle tested gear. My biggest concern is having a drag handle snap if I'm injured!

As far as build and comfort I thought the UP was a carbon copy. The clips I saw were exactly, and I mean exactly the same.

I would be seriously tempted to go the UP route if could get a do over and then put it through the test. If it breaks under testing take it back.

If it holds up then you've got a piece of kit copied from a great design that you know you can trust because you couldn't break it and you have an extra R2k for more mags and such.

User

Came in around 8k inlcuding vat and overall weight for XL is 8kg nice to have ....just in case!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    @ PeacePfficer, I looked at Dave Sheers PC and I was a little ticked at what I had spent on my K19 from the same order as MJC.

Obviously I cannot comment on whether the K19 will outlast UP, at least the K19 is battle tested gear. My biggest concern is having a drag handle snap if I'm injured!

As far as build and comfort I thought the UP was a carbon copy. The clips I saw were exactly, and I mean exactly the same.

I would be seriously tempted to go the UP route if could get a do over and then put it through the test. If it breaks under testing take it back.

If it holds up then you've got a piece of kit copied from a great design that you know you can trust because you couldn't break it and you have an extra R2k for more mags and such.
    Thanks for the comparison. Kinda confirms my thoughts on the UP/QRB's build quality. The clips - and I'm open to be corrected - are the universally standard Swift clips. So any manufacturer can use them to ensure comparability with a wide range of plate carriers that conform to the standard. I'm saying standard but not sure if there is in fact s published standard like there is with Molle.

User

Been some time since we had any new updates, opinions and feedback shared on this thread.

Any of the forumites care to share their experiences with their various plate carriers?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5