Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Plate Carriers: Eddie V vs D Tactical/Urban Patriot

Where can I find the Eddie V products? Is there a store that sells them or an online store that lists the different products?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I know, but I've been seeing prices around the 4k mark.
    Maybe there's something else out there.
    I'm in a similar situation, got an Eddie V plate carrier with steel plates and soft armour, but would prefer something lighter so I can be a bit faster and more comfortable
    Check out zebra protection local company - decent lightweight ones are R3700 per plate if I remember correctly.

Did you get soft armor inserts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's on Facebook only AFAIK.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by momo_ View Post
    Where can I find the Eddie V products? Is there a store that sells them or an online store that lists the different products?
    You'll find Eddie on Facebook. No website or anything of the sort. You can chat to him over WhatsApp.

https://www.facebook.com/Eddie-Vs-Ta...0933511454021/

User

Some 2c comments to add.

You are indeed correct that the Urban Patriot PC is the D-Tactical QRB that they've simply renamed. They even came up with their own variations of the colour schemes!

I know of a couple of chaps who own either the QRB or the Eddie V carriers. Both are well-made items that perform the job well-enough for what most of us are doing (or I assume we're doing) and will stand up to the kinds of use we're typically putting them through. Again, I'm making assumptions on the types of use that the carriers are being put through.

What I would highlight as the major difference between the two is the finishing really.

I have a hunch that the D-Tactical gear might be an imported, white-labeled brand of products that are brought in under that name. If not, then they've put some serious money into the manufacture of the products. All the items are consistent and uniform in their look, fit and finish. You can pick 10 PC's off the shelf and they will all look identical to a fault! I imagine that with an automated manufacturing process that there's equally a level of QA that's included.

Eddie's products are no less well-made but you can tell that they're hand-finished when you look at stitching etc. However, I think it must be said that the finishing is pretty good and appears to be getting better as well. The cool thing about Eddie is that he can put together a kit for you based on your budget and you'll be set right out the gate.

I see that Eddie's newer model has the velcro front patch with clips so that being able to change out "placards" as necessary is the same as on the QRB. The older ones had plain old Molle from what I recall.

My 2 cents on this is that either will work for you; it comes down to your budget.

If you're gonna be buying the QRB or any D-Tactical gear then you shouldn't be shopping anywhere else other than Cerberus Tactical!

https://cerberustac.co.za/brand/451-d-tactical

There also Mike's Vests (https://www.instagram.com/mikes_bull...f_vests/?hl=en). Admittedly, the newer one does look like the QRB :-)

To make life harder, Taak Mag's plate carrier should be on the market some time this year too.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    Have a look at the Agilite carriers.

You can get the carriers from from Bushveld militia.

I got the Agilite K19 and put Zebra level 3+ ceramic plates it (1.5kg per plate)

It's an extremely comfortable and very light package.

The K19 is expensive but it's hard to beat.
    The K19 is some serious Gucci gear. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

User

I went for the spiritus systems plate carrier with zebra protection lightweight plates. Absolutely love it. Not really available locally but if you have friends overseas also maybe look into it. Budget dependent

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    I went for the spiritus systems plate carrier with zebra protection lightweight plates. Absolutely love it. Not really available locally but if you have friends overseas also maybe look into it. Budget dependent

Guessing that's the LV119? Nice piece of kit! Pricey to start off with and doesn't get any better as you add the side-straps, side armour bags etc.

At those prices one could build out a couple of fully-fitted QRBs or Eddie V's.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Guessing that's the LV119? Nice piece of kit! Pricey to start off with and doesn't get any better as you add the side-straps, side armour bags etc.

At those prices one could build out a couple of fully-fitted QRBs or Eddie V's.
    Yup the LV119, yeah it hurt my pocket also when I upgraded all my old kit wasn’t compatible but it’s much nicer to run!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    The K19 is some serious Gucci gear. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.
    It's an incredibly comfortable system.

Weight is distributed in such a manner that your shoulders don't get sore easily.

I haven't trained with it an awful lot yet but from the training I have done so far,I'm very happy.

Something I really like about it is the quick detach system on the cumberbund and shoulder straps.

Brilliant piece of gear.

The IDF can't be wrong for using it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast