Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    I went for the spiritus systems plate carrier with zebra protection lightweight plates. Absolutely love it. Not really available locally but if you have friends overseas also maybe look into it. Budget dependent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything from Spiritus is top notch 👌

User

Default Re: Plate Carriers: Eddie V vs D Tactical/Urban Patriot

@MJC
    @lokx

All this talking and yet no pictures of said carriers!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    @MJC
    @lokx

All this talking and yet no pictures of said carriers!
    Thursday just away at the moment :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Please let me know what reasonably priced lightweight plates you find
    The lightest plates around are the BPT ultralight UHMPWE (polyethylene) stand alone level 3 plates at 1.1kg but they're not cheap ranging around R3k+- per plate. Hence using these plates your whole PC would weigh just 3.5kg without ammo and any accessories! There is also the UHMPWE and ceramic stand alone plate from BPT at 1.5kg but I can't find pricing anywhere for it though.

Zebra plates were also recommended, however Futurama seem to be the only store that I can find online who stock them but their website doesn't have a comprehensive range and pricing.

In terms of PC's there actually are a few minor differences between the D Tactical Oryx and the Urban Patriot, most notably the clips, appearently the Urban Patriots clips are more durable! I have yet to go instore and view both PC's. The Urban Patriot PC also comes with 4x different attachments.

Banned

I have settled on the condor brand of plate carrier as my next upgrade. I just like their Cordura material. Feels very solid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    The lightest plates around are the BPT ultralight UHMPWE (polyethylene) stand alone level 3 plates at 1.1kg but they're not cheap ranging around R3k+- per plate. Hence using these plates your whole PC would weigh just 3.5kg without ammo and any accessories! There is also the UHMPWE and ceramic stand alone plate from BPT at 1.5kg but I can't find pricing anywhere for it though.

Zebra plates were also recommended, however Futurama seem to be the only store that I can find online who stock them but their website doesn't have a comprehensive range and pricing.

In terms of PC's there actually are a few minor differences between the D Tactical Oryx and the Urban Patriot, most notably the clips, appearently the Urban Patriots clips are more durable! I have yet to go instore and view both PC's. The Urban Patriot PC also comes with 4x different attachments.
    Many thanks. Yup. Please let me know what else you find out about the lightweight plates. Info and pricing on them is a bit scarce

User

It does my head in that a polyethylene board can cost R3k. I understand that its not milk bottle material but it still sounds crazy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I have settled on the condor brand of plate carrier as my next upgrade. I just like their Cordura material. Feels very solid
    Solid option as well. Which model have you opted for?

User

You can mail zebra protection directly for pricing - they do sell retail. Super efficient and fast service

User

I went for the Condor and added what I wanted. I have swapped it around so much compared to my mates rig. Got is at Cape swat after a previous vest irritated me on a real life response to an farm attack.

Cape swat has many options go test them all our bodies aren't shaped the same. Then go roll around with it loaded in a proper rough filed whilst wrestling a buddy. :)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast