Default Sport shooting Waiting period 9mm

Afternoon fellow lead slingers!!!

280 Days later the competency portion of my journey is completed it picked up seeing as i sent in my application in the heart of our 3rd and deadly covid 19 wave and everyone and their aunt was working from home including SAPS Office staff.

As restrictions were lifted and more and more people were returning i realized that my application gained momentum until I received my o so wanted Competency certification.

Cut to 30 working days later and application is at my Provincial DFO (North west) Potch and moving on to go pick up my fire arm.

But more and more rumors and gossip in the gun community is surfacing in that there seems to be a hold up and PTA CFR, last time i know the moved buildings but anyone know if productivity is back at pre covid standards which was slow anyhow or there are more disruptions perhaps?

Thank you as always for giving valuable input.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Sport shooting Waiting period 9mm

Nope.

Applied Last year April for an Over Under Shotgun. Approved first week Oct 21
    Applied End Sept 21 for a Carbine Pc9. Collected Card first week Jan 22
    Applied mid Jan 22 for a Ruger Sr22. Collected last week Wednesday 11 May 22card

Thanks hey ! Where you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

That is some speedy licensing timelines you have there, very lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Nope.

Applied Last year April for an Over Under Shotgun. Approved first week Oct 21
    Applied End Sept 21 for a Carbine Pc9. Collected Card first week Jan 22
    Applied mid Jan 22 for a Ruger Sr22. Collected last week Wednesday 11 May 22card

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    That is some speedy licensing timelines you have there, very lucky!
    Aint that the truth! I have a renewal that will hit 210 working days tomorrow.

Renewals seems to take forever and a day. Wait forever and a month.

Im in Western Cape. Fall under Goodwood SAPS

The PC9 I handed in on a Wednesday. DFO still said he will be going to the Flash unit on the Friday and if lucky App will leave the next week which was first week of October to CFR.

I think you just need a good DFO that does not sit on app and captures it quickly and gets it to the Provincial office so it can get to CFR quick

The last two apps was about 1.5 to 2 weeks in Preparation for consideration. But just 2 days max in Consideration to approved.

I actually sold a Ruger Mark IV to a person in Camps Bay area about a week or two before I applied for my Over Under last year April. It was stored at dealer where I mostly by firearms.

When I went last week to collect my Sr22. The Ruger Mark IV was still there as the person is still waiting for approval.

So his has been over year now.