Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Adjustable gas block

Any comments on these?
    I have a 10.5 NEA which I cannot use suppressor on, too much gas in my face.
    Tried heavier buffer weight but to no avail

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Adjustable gas block

Did you use a AR specific suppressor? I run an Ase Utra on my NEA without any issues.

User

Running a HOG

User

A heavier buffer is just a band aid on an internal bleed. It will mask the real issue.

My only caveat is that an adjustable gas block is not adjustable like say a FAL... it's a tuneable device on an AR (well most are, and there are very few well designed blocks to be truly adjustable). That said they are great for sorting out over gassing but they're a sort of set and forget type of thing.

User

You will always have more gas with the SBR than with a longer barrel and longer gas system DI set-up.

An adj gas block is not the ultimate suppressor tuner (and imo even more so on a SBR) because you will probably have to adjust for different ammo and supressed and unsuppressed use if you intend to have 100% reliability all round. You might end up without non optimal suppressed gas management in an effort to have 100% unsuppressed reliability. That said it is going to probably be the cheaper option to try and test on your gun to see if the gun will be all round reliable or not.

The best solution is a pressure managed suppressor like the Silent Steel Streamer and the Ase Utra Dual. Both are QD and work off the AU muzzle device or the new SS muzzle devices.

The AU has a lock system onto the muzzle device and the SS has a pressure design system that uses gas pressure to keep the suppressor from unscrewing itself. The SS can be disassembled by the user for cleaning and replacement of the suppressor core should it become necessary.

Both work as advertised.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    You will always have more gas with the SBR than with a longer barrel and longer gas system DI set-up.

An adj gas block is not the ultimate suppressor tuner (and imo even more so on a SBR) because you will probably have to adjust for different ammo and supressed and unsuppressed use if you intend to have 100% reliability all round. You might end up without non optimal suppressed gas management in an effort to have 100% unsuppressed reliability. That said it is going to probably be the cheaper option to try and test on your gun to see if the gun will be all round reliable or not.

The best solution is a pressure managed suppressor like the Silent Steel Streamer and the Ase Utra Dual. Both are QD and work off the AU muzzle device or the new SS muzzle devices.

The AU has a lock system onto the muzzle device and the SS has a pressure design system that uses gas pressure to keep the suppressor from unscrewing itself. The SS can be disassembled by the user for cleaning and replacement of the suppressor core should it become necessary.

Both work as advertised.
    Your first statement is not entirely true. Less Dwell Time always, more bolt speed almost always, more gas no. Gas is regulated by your port size and if sized well they should all be comparable.
    People often assume over gas because of how hard a shorter barrel generally recoils compared with a longer barrel gun with a longer gas system, that is all a aspect of dwell time and bolt speed as the guns generally unlock while the pressure is higher.

I can agree with you on an adjustable gas block not being the ultimate tuner, especially on weird calibres but on 5.56 tune it to run reliably unsupressed on your weakest ammo and you will never have an issue. If it it over gassed after that with a suppressor look at your actual suppressor.

Agree about a good using a flow though suppressor of some sort on a self loading rifle, it makes the world of difference. I have no experience with the Silent Steel Streamer, but the ASE Utra is top notch.

Picture for attention:

(300blk tuned to run with and without ASE Utra using a Superlative Arms 2 mode adj gas block)

User

Thanks for the info guys.
    Had a look at the suppresors mentioned, damn nice but sadly they are half the price of the rifle.

Sometimes think it would have been better to splurge on Daniel Defense or something with all the bells and whisles already included.

AR's are damn expensive barbie dolls

User

I understand what you are saying but what is causing the less dwell time and more bolt speed ..... Imo it is more gas pressure in the system at the highest pressure that creates more pressure on the system. The pressure in a SBR is much more than the pressure in 20" barrel with a rifle length gas system. I do not mean more gas overall (and should have specified) because the gas is caused by the explosion and with the same ammo it should be the same amount of gas.

The higher pressure is going to force more gas back into the face of the shooter and this will be exacerbated by a suppressor that does not allow for gas to escape better and sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Your first statement is not entirely true. Less Dwell Time always, more bolt speed almost always, more gas no. Gas is regulated by your port size and if sized well they should all be comparable.
    People often assume over gas because of how hard a shorter barrel generally recoils compared with a longer barrel gun with a longer gas system, that is all a aspect of dwell time and bolt speed as the guns generally unlock while the pressure is higher.

I can agree with you on an adjustable gas block not being the ultimate tuner, especially on weird calibres but on 5.56 tune it to run reliably unsupressed on your weakest ammo and you will never have an issue. If it it over gassed after that with a suppressor look at your actual suppressor.

Agree about a good using a flow though suppressor of some sort on a self loading rifle, it makes the world of difference. I have no experience with the Silent Steel Streamer, but the ASE Utra is top notch.

Picture for attention:

(300blk tuned to run with and without ASE Utra using a Superlative Arms 2 mode adj gas block)

User

Radian makes a suppressor friendly charging handle….

https://www.radianweapons.com/en/acc...-handles/60337

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    Radian makes a suppressor friendly charging handle….

https://www.radianweapons.com/en/acc...-handles/60337

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have both a SS Streamer and an AU Dual and use the Radian on a 14.5" gun and get no gas to my face with most ammo .

The Radian helps buy not not channelling gas down the charging lever channel back to the shooters face.

I do not have a standard non gas pressure managed suppressor to use and see what the radian does with a normal suppressor on a DI AR15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast