Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Good Optometrist Needed

Does anyone have contact details for a good optometrist on the West rand? One that understand the needs of shooters will be a bonus.

Banned

Default Re: Good Optometrist Needed

Roelof van Wyk in Potchefstroom has an excellent reputation. Not West Rand but worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Does anyone have contact details for a good optometrist on the West rand? One that understand the needs of shooters will be a bonus.
    Thanks but it is a bit far for now. I kind of urgently have to see one today or tomorrow at the latest

User

Jaco Botha (Botha oogkundiges) is a shooter himself, but is in Brits. 012 252 0033

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Just don’t support a franchised operation. Go to an independent.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Just don’t support a franchised operation. Go to an independent.
    KK20 interested in why you state this? Support the local guys rather because of supporting small businesses?

User

I'm dead keen to go to a shooting optometrist so if anyone knows of one closer to disneyland than potch or brits I would be keen to hear of them. The ones I have been to gloss over when I whine about my age related shooting issues.

User

I have been going to Nic Adlam of Specsavers, Lakeside Mall, Benoni for many years. I sometimes take my pistols along for him to check exact aiming distances (obviously with all safety checks). He is not a shooter, but did some research in order to assist me. He takes his time and does a thorough job. He may be syndicated, but I trust his work. Should you wish to go there, ask to see him personally. 011 427 1695

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I have been going to Nic Adlam of Specsavers, Lakeside Mall, Benoni for many years. I sometimes take my pistols along for him to check exact aiming distances (obviously with all safety checks). He is not a shooter, but did some research in order to assist me. He takes his time and does a thorough job. He may be syndicated, but I trust his work. Should you wish to go there, ask to see him personally. 011 427 1695
    Thank you, I shall give him a try.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    KK20 interested in why you state this? Support the local guys rather because of supporting small businesses?
    They are bound by company policy to sell from holding stock or house brands of highest margins first and foremost.

With the independent owner driven business you are catered for individually as the only restriction would be your spend.

Obviously there’s exceptions on both sides but the independent is not hobbled by head office directives .

My indie optom caters to my needs even grinding lenses for my Spot Hogg and Axcel, water sport glasses and even for my motor bike helmets . Try asking a franchise store for those things.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast