User

Default Vellies , again.

I have always been a person who wore Salomon's/merrels. I would often see field guides swear by their vellies, so I decided to give a pair a go. I bought a pair of Sapmoks, and after a two week break in period they really comfy to walk in even being on my feet the whole day. Bonus, there are other options apart from the standard khaki colour. As an overpronator I had some concerns so will monitor and see how they do as time goes by. Anyone else has input or experience wearing vellies? Any recommended brands?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Vellies , again.

I can recommend Courtney’s they are superb.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Welcome to the club.

User

I got myself a pair of Wildebees hunting boots a few years ago, decided to also try the Vellies thing 2 years ago and have been wearing them daily. They are still going strong.

"Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    I can recommend Courtney’s they are superb.
    Seems like they from Zimbabwe but I bet those prices are not Zim dollars. Looks like great footwear.

I’ve got Freestyle vellies, no complaints so far, has a thick robust sole.

User

I have really wide and high feet which makes finding comfortable shoes tricky. Vellies have been my go-to shoes for quite a few years. I wore them to school and nowadays I have a black pair for church.

As long as they are made from good leather with a flexible sole, things are good to go.

User

I have always found the soles of vellies to be the let down, more so the insert or shoe inner. One of the first things I did for Cody his hunting "stuff" was get him Vellies like Uncle LOuis wears. He now wears Safety Boots, Jonsons - one pair a year and it seems that's what he will stay with. He had vellies - safety, back to vellies and then back to safety and preferes the work boots.

I tried vellies a few times over last 30 years and they were all just to flat, and I need arch support. I think a lot of people do not realize how important their shoe's are and also how much ache and pains are caused or could be prevented by CORRECT foot wear.

No, the old people did not wear flat shoes and were perfectly happy, they suffered the consequences but thought it "just life and how it was".
    Being barefoot is not best, it has serious downsides.

I posted a thread a long time back on how much the support your shoes offer can affect your life - right down to your toilet habit.
    If you wear vellies, go to the foot doctor and get inserts, safe your knee's and your back it will.