Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default musgrave 7.62 x 51mm price

Hi All,

Maybe someone can help here. A mate that is immigrating has a rifle he owns that he inherited from his father. He would like to sell it but has no idea what to ask for the rifle. Any ideas?

musgrave 7.62 x 51mm with scope. Excellent condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: musgrave 7.62 x 51mm price

we'll need more info: this could be one of a number of models.

the fact that you say 7.62x51 (as opposed to 308) could mean a Vrystaat or RSA model, which may be more sought after than a later model.

pictures would really help, but some info on the serial number will already be an indication: does it start with OB762xxxxx perhaps? does it have an internal magazine or is it single shot?

User

Details of the scope too, please. Can make a big difference in value.

Some pics gents

Default musgrave 7.62 x 51mm price

Name on scope is Weaver USA. Internal magazine

User

Vrystaat on an RSA action, according to MkIi pattern, later (late 70s) model I think but will have to confirm in PAAA book. Scope is from the period, probably a 4x.

Very pretty, look factory original and unmolested.

May be worthwhile to swing by Jaracal forum as well, there's a whole Musgrave section iirc. Classic Arms may also be a good place for a valuation. In the end its worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it, but what it is adds value for the knowing buyer.

Mine is a 72 model, and still easily shoots sub MOA (I do have a modern scope on it though)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Vrystaat on an RSA action, according to MkIi pattern, later (late 70s) model I think but will have to confirm in PAAA book. Scope is from the period, probably a 4x.

May be worthwhile to swing by Jaracal forum as well, there's a whole Musgrave section iirc. Classic Arms may also be a good place for a valuation. In the end its worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it, but what it is adds value for the knowing buyer.

Mine is a 72 model, and still easily shoots sub MOA (I do have a modern scope on it though)
    Do you expect this one would also have a 26” barrel?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post

Dankie Baie Pirate!

Banned

That is a rare find, you will find matching numbers in the stock and on the metal parts. It is so rare to find a rifle like that that has not been "improved", "bettered" or modified.
    Do your research carefully and do not sell in a rush, what you have is a rare find - it will not be a make one rich find, but rare and getting rarer every year, they have all been threaded, bedded and lost their authenticity.

If I owned that rifle, I would not let it go for under 20 K, (if it were mine it would be that special to me, a original Bennie Musgrave item, one of only a few thousand ever made).

What you will get for it is another matter, I hope you find a appreciative buyer.

Little time capsule that, the real thing from a better time when things were created, not produced.

User

That rifle would not leave my possession until I was in the ground. What a piece of history!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast