Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot pistol

User

Default Red dot pistol

I started carrying a pistol everyday since July 2020. Since then I've also started competing in IPSC production division and done a couple of courses with some well known trainers in our community. I've had the opportunity to shoot a couple of people's pistols with red dots on. From the very first time I shot with one I knew this was the way to go for me. My eyes are not the greatest so the dot definitely helps me to simplify the sight picture. 7000 rounds later I decided to take the plunge and have my P10C slide milled to accept a red dot. Knowing what I know now I would've done it alot sooner.

I had the work done by MRST and they did a top job. I went with the Holosun 407CO with the 8moa circle dot. I decided to zero the pistol at 10m, because that is the distance I can confidently shoot good freehand groups to verify the zero that I did when shooting it off a bench. So far its working a treat. My range ammo impacts 1.5in higher at 10m compared to my carry ammo which the gun is zeroed on. I've been putting in some time in dryfire just to get the presentation of the dot down to a subconscious level. I'm attending a red dot course with Terrick this Saturday at Magnum United and I'm very much looking forward to it, after that a move to production optics division is the way to go since I carry and shoot the same gun matches.

To those who are still on the fence. Get off the fence and get onto the dot. Its the future

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Red dot pistol

Here are some pictures of the work done.

User

Why you holding the gun with the wrong hand Charl!?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Why you holding the gun with the wrong hand Charl!?
    Because I'm correct handed

User

Sexy!

User

Nice. Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on doing the same with my P10C.

Just a question, is the slide milled to ONLY take that model of sight, or would you be able to move to something different if newer tech comes along/the dot breaks?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    Nice. Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on doing the same with my P10C.

Just a question, is the slide milled to ONLY take that model of sight, or would you be able to move to something different if newer tech comes along/the dot breaks?
    The 407CO shares the same basic footprint as other popular holosun models and the trijicon rmr. So you can switch to other optics that use the same mounting foot print.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

This link is to a website which lists what optics work off the same footprint. Very useful info. You can also contact MRS Techniques and discuss options with them. They are very knowledgeable.

User

MRST put a 407co on my g19 for me, also an amazing job and optic. Great choice and yes dot life.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    The 407CO shares the same basic footprint as other popular holosun models and the trijicon rmr. So you can switch to other optics that use the same mounting foot print.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

This link is to a website which lists what optics work off the same footprint. Very useful info. You can also contact MRS Techniques and discuss options with them. They are very knowledgeable.
    Thanks/Dankie/Dansk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    Because I'm correct handed

Ok Cool.

Now please remove the dot so that we can see the machined surface finish, Im sure it will hold zero when you reinstall ;-)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast