Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot pistol

User

Default Re: Red dot pistol

I have the same Dot as OP on my sport gun and it does work great. Issue is I have a number of other pistols that I can’t afford to add a dot to just yet.
    So training with dot some days and training irons for SD on other days is a bit kak. Especially with deteriorating eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I have the same Dot as OP on my sport gun and it does work great. Issue is I have a number of other pistols that I can’t afford to add a dot to just yet.
    So training with dot some days and training irons for SD on other days is a bit kak. Especially with deteriorating eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The flip side of that is that maintaining proficiency with both sighting systems is also a good thing to have.

User

It gets confusing when you have to have different glasses on though. With the dot normal safety’s work perfectly. Iron’s take a bit more focussing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It gets confusing when you have to have different glasses on though. With the dot normal safety’s work perfectly. Iron’s take a bit more focussing.

Maybe look into target focused iron sight shooting. I know of some prominent sport shooters who do this. Might help with the struggling eyesight.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    Pistol mounted optics have come a long way in the last 4 years or so. They are now at the point where they are reliable enough to be put and trusted on carry guns. People are just slow to change. Red dots on pistols are not new Its been done since the early 2000's
    Wrong! Early 90's already in IPSC. The main scopes were Tasco PDP3's and Matt Mclearn won the IPSC World Championship with one of the first C-More scopes in 1993.

User

Default Red dot pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    It takes you 100 rounds to zero a dot? What do you do when the iron sights fly off the gun at a match?
    The iron sights are not built from glass and batteries
    But yes it can happen, and yes, 100 rounds should be enough to zero for plates and Alpha hits at 30 meters

User

If you have cowitnessed irons like you should have, then re-zeroing is easy

User

Default Red dot pistol

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    At 30 meters?

Like everything it has pros and cons, the biggest cons for me are that I would need to buy two of the same to fit my gaming gun, and the cost gets high, not to mention if I chose to carry with a dot then I would need to have another 2 guns milled and buy another 2 dots, so its an investment that I wont be pursuing, though it would be a good investment for sure

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    You don’t have to co-witness, some trainers even say you don’t need need buis. Dots have become incredibly reliable(Dot dependent) on my p10-s I have a bushnell rxs250 and buis but on my p10-f I have a trijicon rmr with no buis.

If you train there are ways to use your window of your dot even if it goes down. You aren’t going to be taking 30m head shots but it’ll work at close range.

User

How do you make the dot less likely to snag during a draw stroke somewhere other than a range from something other than a high speed low drag race holster in a stance other than your beep ready one?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast