Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Red dot pistol

User

Default Re: Red dot pistol

Let me get this straight. If the holster that I have cannot accommodate a RDS on my pistol, it is not a good quality holster?

User

So Saturday I completed Terrick's red dot course and it definitely confirmed what I already knew. This is the way to go for me. My most profound takeaway from this was that the dot was acting as a live feedback heads up display that was feeding me info in real time as to what I was doing right or wrong in terms of grip and trigger control. There is still alot of work for me to do to get better groups at 25m and that is just a matter of practicing more at those extended distances untill its no longer a perceived problem. Next up is a league match on Sunday, this week will be spent dryfiring the gun to make sure the presentation is rock solid and the dot appears everytime consistently when I bring the gun on target.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

I will be adding a Holosun HS507C X2 to my Glock 45 MOS the moment the license is approved. It uses the same footprint as the RMR so I would not need any other adapter plates apart from the ones currently shipping with the pistol.
    I simply fell in love with the Holosun range of optics and currently have a HS510C fitted to my Beretta CX4.

User

Having gone this route myself a while back, dryfire stances and angles like you would find in a shoot.

Otherwise your perfect stance and draw and red dot pickup might elude you during a league shoot and you will be fishing for the red dot more often than you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    So Saturday I completed Terrick's red dot course and it definitely confirmed what I already knew. This is the way to go for me. My most profound takeaway from this was that the dot was acting as a live feedback heads up display that was feeding me info in real time as to what I was doing right or wrong in terms of grip and trigger control. There is still alot of work for me to do to get better groups at 25m and that is just a matter of practicing more at those extended distances untill its no longer a perceived problem. Next up is a league match on Sunday, this week will be spent dryfiring the gun to make sure the presentation is rock solid and the dot appears everytime consistently when I bring the gun on target.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    My point was the holster you currently use should work with an RDS so if you bought a quality holster for the firearm before adding a RDS. It should still work with the RDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ummm no. Not all holsters are made to accommodate red dots. Even the very best of the best holsters come in optic versions and non optic versions.

User

I need to convert my RDS's over to the 32 MOA ring of the 507 series like on my k. I have astigmatism and even with corrective lenses find a point dot above medium brightness is a star burst. I find it the holosun ring almost as clear as an Eotech

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I need to convert my RDS's over to the 32 MOA ring of the 507 series like on my k. I have astigmatism and even with corrective lenses find a point dot above medium brightness is a star burst. I find it the holosun ring almost as clear as an Eotech
    You can do surprisingly good work with just the 32MOA ring.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9