Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Unhappy with Dealer Service

Whether they were put on or not shouldn't matter.

Escalate to their head office? Franchise owner?

WW is not the only retailer that has those kind of policies. Retailers will also list an item and send back unsold batches.

I dont know if the socks are Falke or something like that but in my experience with bikes and computers and other stuff...
    Go straight to the manufacturer...the stockist are not interested....And will waste your time...

You are fully entitled to return the item for either a refund, replacement or repair at your discretion under the CPA as it was damaged.

Tell them to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    You are fully entitled to return the item for either a refund, replacement or repair at your discretion under the CPA as it was damaged.

Tell them to sort it out.
    This is true. But their defense if I read correct is. That they say the time frame was such and was removed from packaging. That a reasonable time has past for the customer to have noticed it and returned or informed them. And due to being open they might now say to them was used although purchaser says was not due to time and out of packaging.

So yes CPA says take back sort out. But pretty sure they going with the above reasoning.

With CPA you will need to log the complaint and they then investigate. Been their done that.

12 says later is a more than reasonable return period. Many retailers state 30 days.

Seeing as the OP left the socks there I assume he is not interested in a fight.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    There is only one large firearms dealer in Boksburg that is part of a large dealership in Western Cape and Gauteng.
    Very windgat sales people and attitude at their stores. I only go there if I can't find something anywhere else. I've seen sales people there spinning guns around their fingers like they are in a western movie.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

My comment is NOT for having words with the OP. I don’t know his circumstances or reasons for this buy.

His experience forms a great part of my believe in buying at the smaller/family owned shops. Yes, they are sometimes a few rands more than the “big ones”, but I pay that with a smile. The big corporates feel a rats ass about their name or customers and most of their staff are even worse. One customer with one pair of socks lost is nothing to them. The OP states he haa bought a lot from them in the past. I bet the lady at the counter and even the manager doest know this, him or his previous purchases. Just yesterday I bought 1000 Frontier CMJ s at my local dealer for R 185 more than what I could have bought it on some online system. But at least he opened the box to see if all was still good inside, had a chat about me waiting for license applications for firearms still in his stock and wanted to know how I find the Fiochi primers I bought 3 weeks ago. I bet if I bought socks from him he would immediately replace for even a new or unknown or infrequent customer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Very windgat sales people and attitude at their stores. I only go there if I can't find something anywhere else. I've seen sales people there spinning guns around their fingers like they are in a western movie.
    It is not actually about a pair of socks. it comes down to lack of care and impersal treatment. Loosing my few thousand rand a year wont cripple them.Neither will I recommend them again. I agree that the smaller / family owned shops should be supported more. There is a very good one near where I work.

User

Im pretty sure I know which shop this is, I bought a Dillon XL650 from them, I bet you they would also not know or remember if I go back, though my local dealer wont even charge me storage when selling or buying a gun and storing it by them, I bought 10000 primers and a CZ Shadow 2 from my local this year so far and guess what, I get a free CZ hat every time I buy a gun from them, from a small family owned gun shop.

Shops are quick to tell you off and then wonder what happened “when its not going well”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I find my local branch of S&O in Pretoria convenient for primers and powder, bought my wife a workbag there a week ago.
    The staff is friendly and fairly clued up- in the 25 years I have been talking to salesman behind gunshop counters, I have seen far worse.

When I lived in Cape Town, I found the staff at the Stellenbosch S&O branch rude and not willing to help any browsing potencial customer.

In law they use the reasonable man test- would the reasonable shop owner have swopped a pair of woolen socks that is no longer in its wrapper with a tear for a new pair?

I do find a lot of modern shops is so invested in building a brand, rather then relying on good customer service and returning customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2