Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 150gr bullets in a 308. Hornady Interlocks. All rounder?

If you look at previous threads you will find many times people saying the beauty of the 308 is that with the velocities you shoot most bullets you can have excellent results with cup and core bullets.So far the results I have had with Sierra ,PMP and Hornady cup and cores in the 308 seem to confirm this. I currently have the 150gr interlocks loaded up. They are very very accurate. Impala, blesbuck, red hartebeest and Wildebeest have fallen to this load. Now, I was avoiding heavy shoulder bones. But for regular heart lung shots it did very well. It may not be an "all round" load, or a load you want for angled shots, but if you do your bit it will work. I was planning on trying the 165gr this year but can't seem to find any stock.

User

FB is the key to this puzzle.

You want them cup and core, understand that FB is better than BTSP for short range hunting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post

You want them cup and core, understand that FB is better than BTSP for short range hunting.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Messor, I remember when you first brought this up, I recall thinking "what &*(^*&^ is this ? "

One of the most "wakey - wakey" moments I have had in my reloading and hunting, what absolute commonsense, yet not known to me till 2 - 3 years ago. This bit of information is such a "must know"

I still explain this to guys and can see they just do not get it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Messor, I remember when you first brought this up, I recall thinking "what &*(^*&^ is this ? "

One of the most "wakey - wakey" moments I have had in my reloading and hunting, what absolute commonsense, yet not known to me till 2 - 3 years ago. This bit of information is such a "must know"

I still explain this to guys and can see they just do not get it.
    Back when the 180gr Sierra Prohunter was still being produced, I emailed Sierra to ask them about the differences between the Gameking and the Prohunter. Reports showed the prohunter to be a much tougher bullet. They replied the only difference was the boat tail ,the wall thickness etc. was identical. The flatbase Prohunter held together much better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post

There is one exception, the Nosler Ballistic Tip which is basically a flat base bullet with a copper boat tail added to the base of the bullet.

Banned

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2