Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Expired Licences ConCourt Decision - 27 May 2022

Very good news indeed.

But I am not jumping with joy. The administrative process is where this @&$@$@)$… government will keep on screwing us. They cannot even sort out a normal, in time drivers license renewal that has always been a not too bad process since before the last 2 years. They have never been able to control the registering and bookkeeping of firearms and this concourt judgement will still not change that. They can “constitute” directives as many as we like, but until they get of their arses and start working and I don’t see anyone getting any firearms back. As long as CFR staff believe they are a law of their own and not just performing an administrative function nothing will change.

User

Default Re: Expired Licences ConCourt Decision - 27 May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Very good news indeed.

But I am not jumping with joy. The administrative process is where this @&$@$@)$… government will keep on screwing us.
    ^ This. I know two people who have decided to get their first firearms, applied for competency and then their licenses and then decided to emigrate and actually done it before the licenses came through. By simply delaying processing and adding more and more regulations to their circle jerk they effectively achieve much of the goal of their legislative brain farts. The Wits firearm study showed that young people had essentially given up applying for licenses and I suspect this has a lot to do with the PT and duration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2