User

Post Purchasing Ammo on Expired license

Greetings to all. I hope this has not been discussed before as I can't seem to find anything on it. Is it possible to purchase ammunition on an expired license that has/is awaiting a renewal. One dealer said I need a valid license card and that they can't assist while awaiting renewal. Kindly advise as to the current procedure for purchasing ammunition while awaiting renewal. It's for an S15 handgun.

User

Default Re: Purchasing Ammo on Expired license

I’d say your dealer is probably right on the money. A renewal application has no guarantee so selling you ammo on the basis of hopes and dreams doesn’t seem wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Yes. Your licence is valid till the renewal is FINALISED. Your receipt is proof.
    As per S24(4) FCA and you are allowed to carry with your receipt.

"An acknowledgment of receipt as contemplated in sub regulation 10 issued for an application for a renewal, is upon production in a court sufficient proof of compliance with the requirement of section 24 of the Act."

User

I never had an issue buying ammo whilst I was waiting for my renewal, even thou my card was expired.

I usually took my receipt with me to the shop. They usually made a copy of both my expired license and my receipt. And sold me the ammo I needed.

I purchased from 4 different shops in Durban this way.

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Did you show them your renewal receipt?

User

No, I asked before I purchased. I didn't want to create an awkward situation.

I will return to the store with the Receipt and expired license tomorrow. I will give feedback...