Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Both the big Warrior and the reaper hunter should meet this requirement comfortably both seem decent and have good stats at 20% of the price of an Ase. But are much heavier and longer, for target this should be an advantage though.
    Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Have to add that this would be on a range rifle used mainly for target shooting.

Depending on detail, it could be 12 shots in 30 minutes to 15 shots in 15 minutes. With this in mind it seems that a reflex is not for me.

Default Re: Silencers, pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    I cannot comment on their quality as I haven't used one,but warrior has so far had excellent service, communication and feedback, it seems to be a solid lite weight option from a passionate bunch of seemingly great guys.

And lady. LOL The two times I phoned a lady picked up and was very knowledged about the Silencers

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I have never been into silencers for general hunting purposes. I have silencers on my .22 rifles and AR, but they don't count. Then I went Eland hunting a while back and the farmer insisted on silencers being used. I have used other hunting companions' silenced rifled once before on a walk and stalk hunt and it was really irritating me, so I was not happy with this silencer needed stuff. I searched a bit and did not want to go expensive as it was for this hunt. I am not going to use it a lot. So I bought a Hog silencer (Reflex type) and had it fitted on my 30-06. It worked a lot better for me than normal (non-reflex) type. I am contemplating a reflex type for my AR as well after the hunt. So that would be my answer: Go the reflex route.

But I still don't like it....

I do believe it will be used by my son though when he hunts with my rifle. We need to protect his ears that he don't end up deaf and stubborn like his dad. It will help to not carry earplugs and fit them before taking a shot.

User

Apparently the fact that reflex silencers cover the end of the barrel, it causes a buildup of heat at that area. Not a problem with hunting as you rarely shoot more than a few shots in short succession.

For target shooting it may be a problem. The theory goes that the trapped heat increases wear at that location.

User

I have a medium Warrior on my 308. I am very happy with the performance and build quality.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Apparently the fact that reflex silencers cover the end of the barrel, it causes a buildup of heat at that area. Not a problem with hunting as you rarely shoot more than a few shots in short succession.

For target shooting it may be a problem. The theory goes that the trapped heat increases wear at that location.
    For target shooting no need for a shorter overall length ; Use normal for target and "bakkie" or "drop of and voorsit" shooting.

User

Eish

Pros = Noise and recoil reduction.
    Cons = Added weight and length, strings can lead to heat mirage.

User

I have a Warrior reflex silencer fitted to my Beretta CX4 and cannot praise it enough!!!

I have fired off a 30 round mag in rapid succession (took less than 10s) and when using subsonic 147grain bullets, the action cycling is louder than the sound coming from the tip of the barrel.
    Yes it does heat up a bit and needs to be cleaned after every 1000 rounds or so. Still, an excellent product!

Banned

Ear protection for a target rifle and suppressor for hunting would be my answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2