Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default AR 15 Bulk Reloadable Ammo

What and where can I find bulk 556 ammo that can be reloaded. I've seen Winchester but also many complaints on Brass quality.

User

Default Re: AR 15 Bulk Reloadable Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Koekie Monster View Post
    What and where can I find bulk 556 ammo that can be reloaded. I've seen Winchester but also many complaints on Brass quality.
    S&B use decent cases and should be readily available across the country as a shipment recently landed!

User

What issues have you had with Winchester brass?

User

Yeah, Winchester brass is decent.

All those years ago when I got my first 5.56 I stocked up on loads of whitebox while waiting for my license. I shot it out, and reloaded for about 4 years before I got my 300blk, which I then took most of that brass and recycled it into 300blk brass.

So I can't personally complain about Winchester 223, or WCC 5.56 headstamp brass.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Yeah, Winchester brass is decent.

All those years ago when I got my first 5.56 I stocked up on loads of whitebox while waiting for my license. I shot it out, and reloaded for about 4 years before I got my 300blk, which I then took most of that brass and recycled it into 300blk brass.

So I can't personally complain about Winchester 223, or WCC 5.56 headstamp brass.
    Sorry for the unrelated question. But how are you able to purchase ammo without a license?

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    Sorry for the unrelated question. But how are you able to purchase ammo without a license?

You are able to purchase, but not possess ammunition without a valid license.

User

You can normally buy and collect later when you receive your license card, just ask the shop if they will accommodate this.

User

The plan is then to buy bulk Winchester or S&B. Shoot and reload. The brass question comes from internet comments about neck splitting etc. So no personal experience. Thank you for all the comments. I see Camdix has stock for R13100/1000. Any one with a better price?

User

I have spent R1,100 on .303B Winchester cases back in 2003/4 in two batches of 500 cases. I got 3 reloads out of them. Head case separations and split necks. This on extremely mild loads. By mild I mean I was getting 2,270fps when the average of everyone else at the time was 2,450fps.

A few years later I came across 10 rounds that was loaded, but never used; virgin brass. All had split necks.

So, no, I would probably not buy Winchester brass again.

I bought a brick of .22lr rounds of Winchester Match. Grouped worse than el cheapo Russian stuff. I gave it away. So, no more Winchester ammo for me either.

User

The plan is then to buy bulk Winchester or S&B. Shoot and reload. The brass question comes from internet comments about neck splitting etc. So no personal experience. Thank you for all the comments. I see Camdix has stock for R13100/1000. Any one with a better price?
    Might be worth it to check Tactical HQ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast