Thread: Taurus G3C ammo

Default Taurus G3C ammo

Anybody here that have a Taurus G3C?
    Which hollowpoint ammo feeds reliably in your gun?

Default Re: Taurus G3C ammo

You need to feed the actual gun to be sure. Guns are like blondes. Each one has a different tick.

User

A friend had one, they can be full of shit. His one only fed Hornady 135grs compared to any other HP, to be honest I would run 100 rounds of 3 different types of ammo and see what's best.

User

Remington Ultimate defence feeds reliably in the G2C 9mm & my Mil’ Pro G2 .40
    That said you have a G3C and although pretty much exactly the same as the G2 series with a few improvements, each gun is unique & needs to be tested.

It's an expensive exercise testing this type of ammo at R750 / box of 25.
    But if you use it for self defence, you need to spend the money to make sure.
    I've tested 2 x box's in 9mm & 1 x box in .40 using the G2's (not enough I suppose)

For a cheaper option, no problem either with S&B JHP.
    Fired about 200 in the 9mm, and they don't cost much more than round nose.

Both G2’s have also performed well with a variety of range ammo, as well as my own reloads.
    I have not come across anything yet that they have trouble digesting, but I supposed there will be something out there somewhere that's a problem.

The above is my eperience only, you need to make your own decisions.

Thanks guys, I thought to eliminate an expensive trail by error exercise but will just keep on carrying my trusty CZ75 until I have found ammo that feeds 100% reliably