Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Glock G48 advice

Greetings fellow Gunsiters

I've recently received my competency certificate

Initially I was inclined to the Glock 19 or cz p10c but eventually I have settled for a Glock G48. The main reason being concealability

I would appreciate suggestions for owb holsters, sights, belts and anything else that i may try to get while waiting for my license

I haven't submitted my licence application as yet. I'm almost done with my motivation

Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
    Repentant

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Glock G48 advice

I carry one, well I carry it very often, to work with a tucked in shirt it basically conceals itself, Daniels Holsters AIWB, you really dont need an OWB holster for it, its tiny.... In winter I carry a bigger Glock because of Jackets

Now, a lot of guys have had relative success with those Shield arms 15 round mags, I have not, so I stick to the magazines which were made by Glock, 10 rounds in the gun beats 15 rounds on the floor.

Kore Essentials makes great gun belts with a ratchet system.

If you more a leather belt kinda guy then look at Kallermann Leather, you can find them on Facebook, worth every cent!

Do not carry +P+ ammo in it, its too snappy with the short and slim grip, I carry 147 Gn naturally asperated ammo ;-)

I also stick to OEM sights because the other sights I have tried.

Good Luck with your application

User

My G48 is fitted with Trijicon HD XR sights because I find them to be best for me in daylight and low light use.

One of the premium holsters would be a Phlster Pro which is imported but there are several local holster manufacturers that make good products.

My 48 eats all ammo and the gun stands at 1980 rounds fired without any issues whatsoever (tested was Frontier FP 124gr, and 320 rounds of different brand carry ammo from 115gr to 147gr).

1410 rounds of those were with using 2 x Shield S15 Gen2 mags without any issues whatsoever.

Iro belts I favour track lock belts because of the micro adjustments and the benefit of being able to clandestinely loosen or tighten the belt on the go. I use RGB (my absolute favorite, flexible, leather, sturdy and very well made - imported USA but not available locally), Kore Essentials (imported and available locally) and Boxer Tactical (the most durable an flexible of the belts, synthetic indestructable in intended use). For appendix IWB you do not need a super stiff belt and micro adjustments will make AIWB life better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I carry one, well I carry it very often, to work with a tucked in shirt it basically conceals itself, Daniels Holsters AIWB, you really dont need an OWB holster for it, its tiny.... In winter I carry a bigger Glock because of Jackets

Now, a lot of guys have had relative success with those Shield arms 15 round mags, I have not, so I stick to the magazines which were made by Glock, 10 rounds in the gun beats 15 rounds on the floor.

If you more a leather belt kinda guy then look at Kallermann Leather, you can find them on Facebook, worth every cent!

Do not carry +P+ ammo in it, its too snappy with the short and slim grip, I carry 147 Gn naturally asperated ammo ;-)

You don't often get honest advice for free, this is on the money!
    Start off with Daniels Holsters as you don't have to break the bank for something that works from day 1.
    Trijicon's work well on Glocks however the price tag can throw you off completely.
    Agree, on the 147gr ammo but if you cant get the 147grs then 135gr Hornady's work just as good, provided they function well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post

Thank you Steven 001

Much appreciated

Banned

There are a few very important things when your carry for self defence.

The two most important things are mindset and reliable equipment. Without these one is pretty much stuck.

Then, in a very close second place, comes your personal ability to use the firearm. Therefore you need a belt, a holster and much practice.

My advice: don't tune and chip your Glock just yet. Keep it stock standard and rather spend the money on extra ammunition and a shooting course or three. Once you have put 1500 rounds through it, it is run in, and you know a little bit about shooting it. Then you would be able to buy the truly necessary extras.

For a holster: really try to get an AIWB holster, it is the best concealed carry option by far - if your body and clothing allow for it. A sticky holster or something similar should works wonders,except if you are very physical at work. My personal preference is for leather, but I am part of the minority with that.

Lastly, please search and read the threads concerning concealed carry. There are many of them, and they are full of ideas and suggestions whih might just give you a perfect solution. And prepare yourself that it takes a while to get everything to work smooth.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    My G48 is fitted with Trijicon HD XR sights because I find them to be best for me in daylight and low light use.

One of the premium holsters would be a Phlster Pro which is imported but there are several local holster manufacturers that make good products.

My 48 eats all ammo and the gun stands at 1980 rounds fired without any issues whatsoever (tested was Frontier FP 124gr, and 320 rounds of different brand carry ammo from 115gr to 147gr).

1410 rounds of those were with using 2 x Shield S15 Gen2 mags without any issues whatsoever.

Iro belts I favour track lock belts because of the micro adjustments and the benefit of being able to clandestinely loosen or tighten the belt on the go. I use RGB (my absolute favorite, flexible, leather, sturdy and very well made - imported USA but not available locally), Kore Essentials (imported and available locally) and Boxer Tactical (the most durable an flexible of the belts, synthetic indestructable in intended use). For appendix IWB you do not need a super stiff belt and micro adjustments will make AIWB life better.
    Thanks DS

Much appreciated

User

I actually owned the PHLster pro for the Glock 48 and then bought the Daniels after, the PHLster pro holster turns a skinny gun into a fat gun, its ambi so it has holes on a raised face on both sides as well as a permanent wedge on both sides, makes for a fat and thick holster, thats its main drawback

The Daniels is much cheaper and skinnier.

If you are not ready for AIWB then id suggest start with strong side IWB, the holster should cost under R1000

What I meant to say about the Iron sights I have tried, they all rusted, Dawson Precision rusted so badly that the rear became trash, The Trijicon HD XR is a brilliant sight, I had on my G45, swapped it for a fiber optic but it started showing signs of rust but not nearly as bad as the Dawson precisions, you get what you pay for when it comes to sights.

User

Sticky holsters are GREAT for starting fires....

User

I appreciate all the valuable input

I have read gunsite threads on concealed carry and will refer again to these. (My motivation is perhaps 80 percent from what I've picked up on gunsite. thanks)

Without any carry experience I'm inclined to think that in my specific situation strong side owb will be the right fit

I may be wrong, but after starting to carry adjustments could be made

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast