Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default License application not in my home town

Good afternoon all

I have an interesting situation.

I am finally ready to purchase a firearm and then apply for my license.

Due to work commitments, Soldier deployed to KZN to assist the communities after the floods. I will only be back home in December.

Waiting for December seems a bit painful, loosing valuable days.

Will it be allowed to Submit at my current temporary residence. I do not have any proof of residence or municipality bills for my current location.

I suppose it can happen than someone might move while the application is in process, given the time frame to be approved and could have had a similar situation.

Will be interesting to hear the comments

Thanks

Default Re: License application not in my home town

It does not matter what anybody says. Every DFO is different. Your best bet is to go to the DFO in the area that you are currently and explain your situation and take it from there.

User

Christo, the licence card will also go where you apply, so will you still be in KZN when it eventually arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Christo, the licence card will also go where you apply, so will you still be in KZN when it eventually arrives?
    Hi Pirate, I am sure that I'll probably will not be still in Durban. I assume card collection must be the owner himself.

It strange with all the tegnology today. We are still stuck with old problems

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    It does not matter what anybody says. Every DFO is different. Your best bet is to go to the DFO in the area that you are currently and explain your situation and take it from there.
    I will definitely attempt to speak to the DFO and see what assistance he/she provide

Even if he can just accept the documents and courier it to Potchefstroom for further processing.

Quote Originally Posted by christocarstens85 View Post
    I will definitely attempt to speak to the DFO and see what assistance he/she provideEven if he can just accept the documents and courier it to Potchefstroom for further processing.
    Anybody can fetch your card when it finally arrives. The biggest problem you have is if the DFO wants to help you. I was able to apply at a DFO who was not in my area. However i knew him so he gladly helped me.

And one from Durban Bluff area?

DFO details?

And one from Durban Bluff area?

DFO details?

The safe inspection? First application

Quote Originally Posted by christocarstens85 View Post
    And one from Durban Bluff area?DFO details?The safe inspection? First application
    Again, safe inspection is at the discretion of the DFO, i have never had a safe inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    Again, safe inspection is at the discretion of the DFO, i have never had a safe inspection.
    Definitely very interesting. I'll update you all what DFO says

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast