Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Hi-Standard Supermatic Citation

I found a near mint condition 1962 Hi-Standard Supermatic Citation over the weekend. Absolutely thrilled with it . It's beautifully made and shoots like a lazer beam. By far the best quality gun I have ever shot. The barrel weights and slip on muzzle brake are removable.

User

Default Re: Hi-Standard Supermatic Citation

A similar one with the weights and brake off

User

Trigger is fantastically crisp and is currently set to 'break the shot telepathically' light.

User

Congrats. I have the exact same one. My barrel weights and brake is somewhere in my cave. I also have a well used brownish "suitcase" type for it.
    Many years ago I had a gunsmith machine the front of the barrel down and cut some thread on it to mount a silencer. Most people told me I was stupid, but for me it is a tool and it is working better with a silencer especially with .22 short rds.
    Enjoy

User

The ergonomics of the grip look excellent considering 1962.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Congrats. I have the exact same one. My barrel weights and brake is somewhere in my cave. I also have a well used brownish "suitcase" type for it.
    Many years ago I had a gunsmith machine the front of the barrel down and cut some thread on it to mount a silencer. Most people told me I was stupid, but for me it is a tool and it is working better with a silencer especially with .22 short rds.
    Enjoy
    Thanks. Have always loved them and it certainly lived up to my elevated expectations.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    The ergonomics of the grip look excellent considering 1962.
    It points very naturally for me. Later versions came in a 'government' configuration with a grip angle that mimicked the 1911.

User

What is the value of these H-S pistols? I ask 'çause I have my eye on a minty Sport King. More a sport pistol than a dedicated target job but nice as a plinker but they don't seem common around here

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    What is the value of these H-S pistols? I ask 'çause I have my eye on a minty Sport King. More a sport pistol than a dedicated target job but nice as a plinker but they don't seem common around here
    There was a Sport King on a recent Classic Arms auction that I think sold for 5 or 6k. I saw a reasonable to good condition one at Randburg Arms 6 months of so back for R4k but it only had one ropy looking mag and they are expensive. The Sport king is on the same action as the Citation / Trophy / Olympic models but typically has fixed sights, less lustrous bluing, a pencil profile barrel and lacks the adjustable weight trigger. There aren't a lot of the earlier production guns made at the Hamden factory in circulation here, or at least not that I have seen. The later (East Hartford factory) guns are supposedly of lower quality than the earlier (New Haven and Hamden factory) ones and in the US sell on auction at a discount model for model.

User

Thanks for that. The one I am eyeing is serial no. 475297SK100. I have tried researching it but no joy. Is it an early one or later East Hartford series?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast